Skip to content
Anxiously awaiting ultrasound results
socgirl posted:
Hello All

I'm new here. I don't even know that i should be posting here as i have not been diagnosed with breast cancer. However, i'm not sure where to turn at this point. I found a lump in my left breast back in September. I'm only 34 and i know the statistics and chances are low that it's cancer. I also stopped nursing my son about 6 months ago. I wasn't really worried at first, but finally at the end of november i made an appt. with my doctor and he felt the lump as well. I had the ultrasound done last Friday (Dec. 7) and the sonographer told me to expect to have results in a week. It's funny because i was perfectly calm about all of this until the u/s and now i feel like a nervous wreck. I did see a few things on the u/s, but of course i don't have a trained eye. I keep thinking that the u/s tech, that while she can't diagnose anything, is probably able to recognize when there's a problem and if she were concerned she would red flag it for the radiologist. So, the fact that i haven't heard anything is probably a good thing...but the anxiety is getting the better of me.

So i was interested in knowing from others how long after the u/s that you got the results. Wouldn't I have heard by now if it was something to be concerned about? Sorry...this is just my anxious rambling.

Shell1007 responded:
Hi socgirl,
Glad you found us !
I had all my testing done at a Breast Center. The day I had my Mammogram, I went down the hall & then had an ultrasound.
They were then both looked at by the Radiologist who determined I did need a biopsy. I had that done 2 days later.
Hoping everything turns out negative for you
Take Care,
Shell

rachael67 responded:
The reporting time for tests results vary from doctor to doctor. For everyone I can promise it is much too long even if it is rather quick! Limbo sucks big time and what we anticipate or fear usually far exceeds reality!

Please remember to breathe deeply and slowly...Most of us find this exercise tends to help our world slow down to a more manageable pace.

Please know we will be sending tons of good thoughts your way.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
I had mine on a Friday and got results Monday. Every facility is different, and maybe you can call if it goes much longer. Sometimes the offices get so busy they don't get the calls out as fast as we would like.

Sending you good thoughts and well wishes for negative results ~
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center