Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mammogram 5 Yr. BC Survivor /Update
jmast52 posted:
Early this morning my wife and I returned to the Breast Health Center for the follow up that was recommended. When my wife exited the exam area she said that they did multiple views on the breast that concerned them and could not see the area that initially concerned them. My wife, who is an R.N. said that on the first mammogram there was an area that appeared to be deep in her breast, close to her chest that showed something that she described as pea-sized. On the mammograms taken this morning, it could not be seen. My wife had the technician stretch her breast to get a maximum view. Whatever was there on the first image did not appear on the follow up images. Since they couldn't see anything they didn't feel ultrasound was necessary. She's relieved, I'm relieved but I can't help wanting her to have another mammo in six months just to be sure. She thought she might do that if recommended. I'd like her to do it whether or not it's recommended. Thank you, CSandy, Rachel and Jenna for your replies concern and good wishes. Bless you and all on these discussion pages.
John

judyfams responded:
John,
Sounds like a good idea.
I don't know where you live, but I live in Northern NJ and I have 3D mammos taken - not all radiology centers have them. 3D mammos can pick up something smaller than 1mm and is recommended for dense breasts.
Is it possible for you to see where there is a place where your wife can possibly have a 3D mammo done?
Just a suggestion, also does the Dr. think an MRI should be done? MRI's are very expensive and most doctor's do not like to order them, but ask for it to be done in 6 mos. if not now.
Thanks for letting us know and hopefully you and your family will have a happy holiday.
Judy

GGrandmaJan replied to judyfams's response:
John, You are one in a million. I am so happy you are taking such good care and support of your wife. Plus posting on here. You are one of the special gents.

Judy gave you some great advice. I would definitely follow up on this. I am a mite surprised they didn't recommend an MRI. What does your wife think? You know most medical field people aren't the best patients. We all tend to gloss over our problems as we are more concerned with taking care of others. I would for sure discuss all of this in depth with her. This is just my opinion.

It seems now days we have to be our own advocate. Best of luck to both of you.

Enjoy your holidays.
Hugs
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

jmast52 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Thanks GrandmaJan, but I'm nothing special. I'm here using this forum to vent my fears and concerns. I do love my wife and care desperately for her health. As the years go by, we've been together 28 years, I realize more and more that she is the basis of my world. We are not a perfect couple, we can drive each other nuts and have on many occasions. At this point I don't think she wants to carry this any further. She's going to wait to see what the Breast Center recommends. Thanks so much for your response and concern.
John

cindy12345678 responded:
John,
Whenever I have found a lump or they have seen an
area of concern, they do and ultrasound and an MRI.
If you are concerned you need to keep telling the Docs
until they listen. Until you are satisfied with the answer.
I had a hard time getting diagnosed. Early treatment is
always a better outcome.
Best wishes,Cindy

jenna291 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Hi John,
I so agree with Jan that we have to be our own advocates.
I'm also surprised an mri was not recommended. I would ask the docs why if there is any cause for concern they don't push for it.
We wait for your uddates and send good wishes ~
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center