Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Due to Knee Pain Change from Taxol to Taxotere
misara posted:
Not sure if the switching of Meds was a good choice. The side affects of taxotere seem to be worse than taxol. Has anyone been changed from one to the other. I am given the taxotere every week at a low dose rather than the 5hr treatment since the Taxol gave me bad knee pain/joint pain. I am just curious as to what might happen on taxotere I read that my immune system maybe more susceptible to infection and with Christmas in less than 11 days and having company I am nervous.

judyfams responded:
How long have you been on taxotere? The side effects you have now may still be due to the taxol, and you might have to give the taxotere more time - they are bothh very similar and it wouls seem the lower dose would be better for you, but your body has to get used to the different med and dose.
I would discuss this with your oncologist.
Try to enjoy the holidays, and be densible about being with friends. Don't kiss them - explain why and just wash hands often and stay away from anybody with a cold. Try to stay hydrated and rest when you are tired. Nobody expects you to host in the same way this year as you have done in the past!
Let others do the work and remember that you can promise them that next Christmas will be the BIG CELEBRATIOIN!
Good luck,
Judy

misara replied to judyfams's response:
Judy

Since last Thursday it was my first dose I'm only going to have 4 taxotere treatments so hopefully I wont have any real side affects.So far my knee pain has lessened but am more tired but that maybe just because I was doing a bit more than I should have Its so hard to sit around or do less when I was a doer with alot of energy. I will definitely not kiss anyone and keep my hands washed and mark my cup with my name on it. I hope you have a great holiday season and may 2013 keep you healthy.

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center