Skip to content
New Diagnosed - Any advice
justkarenc posted:
I had my 1st chemo treatment this morning and the nurse said I did very well. Was a little nervous because my port was a little sore on wednesday and was not sure how it would be on friday. It was fine.

Have a slight headache otherwise doing okay so far; Drinking lots of water and been eating small things.

rachael67 responded:
Glad to hear things went well...Now be kind to yourself!! You deserve it!!

Here's to a New year of continued good treatments and to good health!!

Blessings.
Rachael
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

cindy12345678 responded:
Yea! One treatment down! I was afraid to begin with,
but it's going to be ok. I am glad you are doing good. Just
rest and treat yourself well. Its about you right now. I did a
countdown on a calander. That seemed to help me.
Have a great Holiday! You are now a "pink warrior"!
Please keep us posted!
Cindy

justkarenc replied to cindy12345678's response:
Thanks Cindy, I will cherish the title of pink warrior. I was nervous because this was my first treatment, but I actually watched as the nurse gave me the drug in the big tube. I usually don't watch things like that. Now I know what to expect during the treatment so I should be more relaxed.

I was nervous getting my shot but that was a pinch and was not as bad as I thought.

So glad to get those firsts out of the way.

I hope the next 7 treatments go as well.

justkarenc replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael, I have been relaxing and taking care of me. My son has been here to do things and bring lunch. He came with me to my first chemo and then the next day to get my shot. He was been my rock.

rachael67 replied to justkarenc's response:
Hurray for caring kids!!

Give him a hug from all of us who appreciate whose who help us walk this journey and never leave our sides!

Blessings.
Rachael
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

brcansur responded:
karen,
I am glad you have one down and not to bad that is great news. About the headache I found that was more from the shot then the chemo. I also found that moving around a little about once an hour made that pain go away a lot sooner. Even if it was just a little walk around the house it helps get the blood flowing and that nasty drug out of the body faster. You are also doing good getting rest and letting your son help you out. You have a great son there it shows in how he is caring for you. This is when we see that our bringing them up right has really worked. Take care of you and get as much rest as your body tells you that you need it is all about you now. Angel hugs Roberta,
P.S the count down is on it only gets better as the days go by and before you know it ,it will all be behind you.
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Yay Karen, one down! May they go by quickly!
So glad your son is being so helpful. That is truly a blessing.

Rest, rest, rest and take care of YOU!!!!

hugs and blessings,
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center