Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chemo this morning but a crazy good Christmas
mhall6252 posted:

My daughter and hubby have quite a sense of humor. If you've see A Christmas Story, you'll recognize the deranged Easter bunny outfit that Aunt Clara sent to Ralphie. Well, the Santa Jammy delivered this to me on Christmas Eve, and I have to say that we all laughed until we cried. It was soooo funny! Luckily, no one expected me to leave it on for more than the time it took to make a grand entrance and lots of picture taking.

I had my first session of Carboplatin this morning - it was pretty much a non-event once they got started. The onc hadn't adjusted all the orders so they had to straighten out a few details. Then it took about 30 minutes for the infusion. We were there for three hours; they promise me it will be much quicker next week. I don't care how long it takes if it works! I got a copy of my PET/CT scan report and well, I need this to work.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, and enjoys a happy, healthy New Year.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

rachael67 responded:
Oh, Michelle, I love the picture!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of your fans here!!

Sorry that the report on the scans wasn't quite what you hoped. We will continue to flood you with good thoughts, wishes, vibes, prayers...and, now, a few carrots as well!!

(I do hope you entertained all at the chemo facility with an 8X10 of you dressed in your Christmas best!!!)

Blessings, and here's to a great 2013 especially for you!!

Rachael
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

GGrandmaJan responded:
Oh Michelle, What an adorable bunny you make!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this pic.

Now we know what to have on Pinkie. A good supply of carrots, lettuce, radishes and all the good veggies, Bunnies, love.

I am praying you breeze thru these treatments and they kick this crap to the curb.

Wonder if good ole" George loves veggies??? I think Brad Pitt does tho.

Thinking of you daily.
Fondly
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

brcansur responded:
Michelle,
I love the picture so very cute I have a lot of veggies for you lol.
Now we know who will be the Easter Bunny this year
I am sending all good vibes wishes and prayers your way that this treatment kicks this crap right on out of you and that the new year is the best ever !!
So gald you had a good Christams and that your family had a good idea for a good laugh for you the humor never stops no matter what and that is a very good thing. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Michelle,
The picture is totally awesome!!! What a great sense of humor your family has, and YOU TOO!!! The costume is fabulous!
Sending great wishes your way!!!!
many blessings ~
Jenna

Shell1007 responded:
Michelle,
Loving the Bunny suit. You are so cute in it !
A Happy & Healthy New Year to you also.
Sending good thoughts & prayers your way always
Take care & enjoy a little bubbly to bring in the New Year
Shell

mhall6252 replied to Shell1007's response:
My husband and daughter are quite a pair! He's her stepfather, but you'd never guess that. She has the good side of her real dad's humor (he can also be cruelly sarcastic) and the playful side of hubby's humor. So they dream up all kinds of crazy things.

Bubbly - oh yes, the bottle is in the fridge, we have friends ming over for an early celebration and some nice appetizers and "small plates". I don't know if I can make it to midnight, although I did last night because we babysat the grandkids and came home afterwards. So there's at least a chance I'll see the ball drop. Hubby actually offered to take me to Times Square (I've wanted to do that for years) but just the hotel was $1199 and the "party" at the hotel was $1500 each...LOL! As much as I'd like to do it, I can see that money taking me on a week or two to a tropical island. And with the winter weather so far, I'll be ready for an escape by the time February rolls around.

Happy New Years, friends! I hope everyone has a fun evening, whatever you do, and enjoy a happy and healthy 2013.

Love and hugs to all!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I like you have always wanted to be in NY when the ball drops just once ! I like you find that the money could be used for a great trip in a nice warm place near the water when it is so very cold here !!! I can watch the ball drop from a nice warm beach front some place lol.lol. That kind of money for one night just to see a ball drop and a bunch of people I don't even know when I could go on a nice long warm trip uuumm I think the trip wins hands down lol.lol. !!!!!
Now I am agreeing with you on one more thing I don't think I am going to be able to keep my eyes open till midnight and see the ball drop either I am going to try but every year lately I have falen asleep before 11 so we shall see what happens this year Hey I get tired out after a long day now of taking care of a growing boy that wants to play all day and gets around a lot faster then he used to lol. lol. I didn't feel this old before but boy they get around pretty fast once they learn they can move lol.lol. Oh Boy just wait till he learns he can walk :0 HELP !!!!
Have a great night and New Year angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
Good Grief, $1500.00. With that money I could buy another sewing machine!!! Yikes---all that money for one night. That is insane. Yep, better spent in a nice warm island with all our favorite cabana boys waiting on all us ladies on this board.

I could even invite Dr. Dreamy.!!!!!!!

Wow, would we have fun or what---- especially with Roberta's glow in dark make-up. Oh my gosh the images going on in my head. X-Rated for sure. LOL.

Michelle, you have the most hilarious family. I adore that bunny suit. I can just see you prancing around the deck and house. Now I know what to do with all my veggies. Just for you I will plant extras this year. LOL.

No Bubbly in my house. I go for the good Wine. My G-daughter found the best stuff and brought me 3 bottles for Christmas. Anyone have Trader Joe's back there? That is the only place to get it. Awesome!!!!!!

Think I will get a head-start. It has to be 5:00 somewhere, Right?

LOL in snowy WA.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

cindy12345678 replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, Jan , and Roberta,
I hope you all had a great New Years Eve.I hope you are
all having a great New Years Day!

brcansur replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
Happy New Year, Oh I am sure you are having fun with all the ideas for that glow in the dark make up lol.lol. Well I don't drink but the wine sounds good after the past few weeks of having a sick baby and not much sleep.
Last night I did make till midnight and did see the ball drop but had to keep getting up and do things around the house to stay awake lol.lol. Like make a cake for todays dinner and a Keylime cheese ball to go with it. Then just anything else I could think of to keep me a wake. It is so hard for me to stay awake now days past 10. I love the it is 5:00 somewhere that is so funny !!! It has been snowing here also and still is today plus cold only in the teens may hit 20 if we are lucky today. Well need to get going and get ready to go to my New Years dinner trying to get there by noon. We shall see about that one also with Kaiden in playing and not taking his nap lol.lol. I can hear him kicking the wall and talking to I don't know what lol.lol. Have a great day and New Year angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
I had a good New Years Eve and made it till the ball droped by making a cake and key lime cheese ball for todays dinner. I had to do something to stay awake so that is what I did and anything else I could think of like cleaning and putting some of Kaidens toys together and away. Folding wash lol.lol.
I hope you had a good New Years Eve also and have a great day today angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. Did you have fun with your glow in the dark make up ?? lol. I hope you didn't get laughing to much during your test .. Just wanted to help put a smile on your face and try to make it more fun and less stressful for you.
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center