Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jan's Mom
rachael67 posted:
Our Friend Jan is going thru a very difficult time right now. Her Mom has apparently suffered a stroke and the outlook is not good. Please keep both of them in your thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams responded:
I will email her.
Thanks for letting us know. That wonderful lady has been through so much already. i was hoping the new year would be better for her.
Judy

mhall6252 replied to judyfams's response:
I will email her, too. That is so sad.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

cindy12345678 responded:
Jan,
I am so sorry about your Mom. I am saying prayres for
your Mom and family. You are in my thoughts.
Hugs,
Cindy

brcansur responded:
Jan,
I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom sending my prayers and loads of angel hugs to you and your family. You have been through so much and your Mom also lately. May the New Year bring you all better health and good news for your Mom. I am with you in spirit with loads of good wishes and angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Jan,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom and I join our other friends in sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and to your whole family.

~ Jenna

kiwiallright responded:
HI Jan,

I hope that things work out for the best for your Mum, take care. ''Cheers''Mary

vajanie replied to kiwiallright's response:
Jan,
I will add my wishes for your Mom and your family during this very worrisome time. My very best to you, you've been such a help to me, along with all the others, in dealing with my own struggle with bc.

Janie

GGrandmaJan replied to vajanie's response:
Thank you all so very--very much. All of your support means so much to me.

Yes, everytime I turn around I am amazed at my awesome Mother. She was so organized. Blows my mind away!!!!

Now I can understand better how frustrated she was in not remembering things. In her file cabinet she has lists upon lists of which kid got which item when she had all of us come up and pick out what we wanted of her things. This was about a year before she sold her house. She wrote down on these lists just what we all took. It did make her so happy to see us get her antiques and she has a story about each item. Who gave her what--what year---what was the occasion.

Then when she got ready for her estate sale, she seperated all the things my brother, me and the 5 grand-kids had given her thru the years. Put them all in seperate boxes with our names on it and gave them all back to us. At the time, I was pretty angry cause I thought "Mom, why don't you want these things anymore!" Never realizing how she has simplified my life now. There will be not confrontation on who gets what cause it has all been done years ago. She did keep a few things but she did amazing down-sizing. This was the way she lived her life---Organized to the Max.

Now of course, by her doing all of this so many years ahead of time, it is not going to be any problem for me.

What a Woman!!!

Just remember she did all this on her own. At the time I was going thru chemo and radiation treatments in 2006. I was able to go up to Burlington to help with her estate/garage sale but that was all I did.

Yes, Roberta, I will look for the Bingo jar of quarters. What a hoot!!! There are more and more stories to tell. No telling what I will find but all in good time. Right now the Assisted living place is in quarantee due to this flu. Over half of the residents have it. It is major in Western Wa.

Thanks again everyone.
Hugs, Prayers.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

kiwiallright replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,

I hope that all is well. Your mother is amazing at what she did. I thank you for sharing what she has done with her personal things. I can only hope that I can become as motivated as shes was and get all of my things organized.

I hope that you are doing good and enjoying this new year.

Cheers

Mary

GGrandmaJan replied to kiwiallright's response:
Hi Mary,
My Mother was a totally awesome woman. Organized to the max.

She had her funeral arrangements all done. Even left a pic with the funeral home. When I talked to the funeral director he said yes, he remembered her as she would come in and up-date her plans every so often.. She will be buried next to my Father. Her service is Jan 19th. I had a few details to work out but they are finally all done.

Yes, she is/was a prime example of how to arrange things so she got what she wants. So far, I have done exactly as she wished.

She will be totally missed but I have such lovely memories of our life together.

Thanks Mary.
Hugs.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

kiwiallright replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
HI Jan,

I am so sorry for your loss, I did not know that she had passed away. It is hard to lose one's mother. I hope that all is well and things go smoothly for you.

Cheers

Mary

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center