Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Struggling
An_249725 posted:
I had breast cancer in 2005 and have been cancer free since 2006. The recession hit me hard - lost my house, my business and ended up going bankrupt. It's been hard trying to climb out of that hole.

I'm pretty sure my cancer is back (lump, puckering of skin, change in nipple color) but I am not sure I want to do something about it. I have no insurance, no job and no money. I feel so tired, like I just want to let this run it's course, you know? I just don't know if I can handle one more thing.

socgirl responded:
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm afraid that I can't offer much advice, however in reading what you just wrote, sounds like you've already gone through quite a bit. So, when you feel like you can't handle any more, remind yourself of everything that you've already overcome. You're probably much more resilient than you give yourself credit for. I haven't been around this board long, but everyone seems so supportive and always willing to lend a listening ear, so you've come to the right place. Vent anytime you need to.

Have you seen your doctor regarding this new lump yet? Hoping that everything turns out ok.

Rachael67 responded:
Please take a look at the "Tips" on the right side of this page...There are many posts regarding possible sources for financial/medical help.

I hope one might help you. Know that we will all be sending tons of good thoughts your way! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams replied to Rachael67's response:
Please know that both Planned Parenthood and Susan G. Komen do offer free mammograms - which would be a good place to start.
I am sorry that you are going through all of this, but only you can help yourself find the motivation to go forward. Doing nothing is a choice and you certainly can choose that path, but doing something will empower you and make you feel as if you are in control.
We are here to help you in any way we can. Please feel free to come here as often as you need to.
Good luck,
Judy

cindy12345678 responded:
I would start where Judy has suggested. Most hospitals
can get you help from your state. The center I go to
will set up public aid appts. for you. ( they want their money)
Just talk to them , or start with your reg doctor and get the
tests done and go from there.
Good luck to you , and let us know how things turn out.
Cindy

An_249725 replied to socgirl's response:
I am going this week - had to find a place with free mammograms. Sometimes this feels like a way out of the nightmare that my life has become. But I am making myself find out so I can decide what to do if I'm sick again. Thank you for your kindness.

pmt1992 replied to Rachael67's response:
thank you, Rachel.

pmt1992 replied to judyfams's response:
thank you. My life has just been so screwed up for so long that I feel sometimes like I am supposed to let this happen. God knows, I haven't been able to get any semblance of my life back on track. My husband left during the first round, so now I will have to handle this on my own. Just really tired, but thank you for your kindness.

An_249725 replied to cindy12345678's response:
thank you.

jenna291 replied to An_249725's response:
I am so very sorry for what you are going thru, and that your husband left during it was horrible. As Judy said, only you can decide your course of action, the strength to fight has to come from within. Maybe there is someone at this new facility that can offer you some help and encouragement. I will be thinking of you and wish you well.
Let us know what your test shows. I pray it is nothing.

sending you many blessings ~
Jenna

brcansur responded:
I am so sorry that you are having to handle so much and now this on top of it. i know how you feel sometimes life just wants to throw everything at us all at once and then another curve ball just to make sure we are paying attention. But you know what you got through all of it and you will get through this one too!! Hey your a women right we don't give up on a good fight or anything for that matter lol. So get it checked out and see what it is and then go from there. Just know we are always her 24/7 if you need to vent, an ear to listen, chat with even cry or laugh with we do it all. Please do come back and let us know how you are doing and what you find out we do care about everyone that comes to visit. Sending you loads of angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

pmt1992 replied to brcansur's response:
I guess I have to get a screening first and there's a small charge for that. a friend is going to pay it, now I just have to get in. have to call daily for appt - been full every day.

cindy12345678 replied to pmt1992's response:
Just keep calling. You will get through.
Cindy

jenna291 replied to cindy12345678's response:
That's too bad you have to keep calling to get an appointment - strange system, but keep on it so you can get in soon.
we are all here for you
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center