Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling alone
mommajean54 posted:
Happy New Year everyone, I thank God I am here. I have breast cancer this is the first time I have wrote this down, I feel so alone yea I talk to the doctors and staff but that is not helping me. I have to take 7 weeks of radiation and a pill for 5 maybe 10 years. I was told there is another mass in my other breast but it is very small they will wait till 6 months to look at it again. I am walking a tight rope waiting I have 3 1/2 more weeks to go with this radiation I am worry I may have to do this all over again I don't know what to do.
Mommajean54

judyfams responded:
I am sorry that you are going through this. Waiting and being in limbo is one of the most difficult things we have to deal with when diagnosed with this disease.
My first reaction is that the doctors are trying to be careful and conservative in treating you for the other mass. That being said however you are the one dealing with this on a daily basis.
May i suggest the following - ask to speak to one of your doctors that you feel most comfortable with. Tell him how anxious and upset you are about this and ask him why they are not doing an ultrasound or biopsy or MRI on that other breast now. Ask him what they think the mass is that mkes tham wait 6 months before they even do any more tests.
You must speak up for yourself and be your own advocate. Do not let the doctors take control of your treatment. If this group of doctors won't do any more tests, then it is time for you to go to another doctor for a second opinion.
You deserve to get the answers you need by asking all the questions that you have. Write down your questions now because when in the office sometimes we get nervous and forget our questions.
Please let us know what happens with you.
Judy

mommajean54 replied to judyfams's response:
Thank you Judy, I will do just that. I have written somethings down already.This is like living in another world you don't know what to expect next. My prayers goes out to everyone on here with cancer. Mommajean54

cancer47 responded:
Hi Try and talk to one of the nurses. The are so much more hepful than the doctors. They are in the "trenches" with all the ladies that have cancer. Some how they knowwhat and how we're feeling before we even do. Rad treatments are hard because its every day right in our face that you have to go for a treatment. But try doing something you would enjoy either on your way there or home. Whether its stopping at a store or getting a mocha latte do something. Seems dumb but I went to Big Lots some days or ice cream since it was summer time. I hope you find someone to share your feeling with soon so the weight of the world is not all on your shoulders.

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center