Skip to content
newly diagnosed
kieshel1 posted:
I was diagnosed in october 2012 with stage 3b 4 of 9 nodes positive. i have not had treatment yet as i do not have insurance. sI did see an oncologist one time and he stated my prognosis as very poor. Has anyone else been denied treatment for lack of insurance? Im scared to death and having no luck finding treatment. I did get some help from a not for profit company with a surgeon who removed my left breast and nodes, they said that was a start. Not heard from them again.

rachael67 responded:
So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but please know that many women have had similar and are living full wonderful lives today!

As for financial needs, please check out "Tips" on the right of this page. There are many posts that might guide you to the help you need. Some sources of aid may have totally slipped your attention. Take a look!

Meanwhile know that you will be in our thoughts. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Hello and welcome I am so sorry to hear of your dx and what you are having to deal with on top of it. I am wondering if you have checked with your local medicade office to see if you could get help from them? Plus have you checked other insurances now that the laws have changed? American cancer center they maybe able to help you with different places to call for treatments and help with medical. When I hear stories like yours it upsets me so much because we should not have to worry about things like this when we already have the dx of cancer to worry about. I feel for you and wish you all the best and like Rachael said please look at the tips. Please do come back and let us know how you are doing and if you have any more quest or just want to talk we are here 24/7. You will be in our thoughts and my prayers angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hello, I am very sorry to hear this diagnosis and hate that so much boils down to finances and insurance with treatment options. It just is not right.
I would start with the American Cancer Society and see if they can offer suggestions.
Can you reach out to the non-profit company again and ask that doctor if he can't help does he know a direction you can go in?
I hope something gives for you. The last thing you need is more stress.
Hope to hear back from you with some positive help and feedback.

best ~
Jenna

brcansur responded:
Hello again,I wanted to ask if you have called around in your area to different doctors that work with women that have breast cancer. I chedcked in my area and there are some that do treatment for women without insurances. Because they are in a program that offers free testing and treatments to people without insurance. It wouldn't hurt to call and check into it in your area even call your local news and ask if they know of anything like this going on in your area. Call your local news papers and american cancer society the hospitals you will get an answer from someone. What is the worse you will get I haven't heard of anything like that here or no. Keep trying till you get oh yes we do or I think I can help you What ever you do please don't give up on you because you is all that counts in all of this take care of you. I am sending all the best and loads of angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center