Skip to content
A Rotten Deal for Our Moderators.
GGrandmaJan posted:

To All the Mods---Our Dear Friends.

You really got a rotten deal. I am NOT going to be as diplomatic as the rest of this group.

This SUCKS big time----And I am ANGRY!!

They did not even give you all a chance to say Good-by to any of us. ROTTEN---On WEB MD part..We really loved having you on this board. We felt we were part of a large family.

WebMD---This is for you. Can I tell you how Sick I am of you taking over Face-book now? Every other post on there is ONE of your Stupid advertisment. Why is it ALWAYS about the DANG bottom line??? Those beautiful moderators couldn't have taken up that much of your precious money.

I for one will NOT ever pick up another of your magazine. I have been on this board since 2005. It was and has been my life-line and support for info from very good ladies.

But Excuse ME---You are NOT the only Medical Information site on the Interent. I do believe you have just Stepped in IT. Plus Half of the time your board does not work like JUST NOW.

Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

jenna291 responded:
Jan, I so agree with what you say. These people who became a part of our "culture" here didn't even get to let us know they were getting the ax. Haylen, if you are reading this, you are truly missed.
If have noticed lately that all the posts say the were posted "just now". I don't know what that is all about. With technology being what it is, things should work better.

For me this site too has been a lifeline of support and information from wonderful and caring women, and men as well.

I continue on with it because of people like you, Jan, who care!

WedMD - not sure why you let these folks go, but I hope they have other jobs in your organization. It is the pits.

Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jan and Jenna,
I agree I too stay on here for those that may come that need us like we needed help when we first came here. I don't agree with how this was done and that Web Md did it the way they did it was wrong and we have the right to know what is going on. I feel the people on here have been the lifeline the women and men here help each other and Haylen was a big part of that. If we had questions she would help us find the answers now we don't have that and I feel that is one of the things we really do need and will miss. But we still have each other and all the other ladies and men that come here and we need to stay strong for each other and the new ones that come here for our help. That is who I feel really bad for the new people that come here so we have to do our best to help them in any way we know how. Like we have been doing and more stay strong ladies for each other and ourselfs. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
I am trying to sift thru whether I am more angry, feel more abandoned, or more used and simply disregarded by all the WebMD organization.

God bless ya, Jan, for voicing the anger for me and I am sure for so many...The true disappointment and sense of dismissal.

I came to what was then most rightly called "Friend To Friend" over 10 years ago with a few questions. I had never been on any board before or even on a "social network"...Hecks! The whole internet experience was new to me! So I slowly put one little toe into this site to "test the waters" and discovered not only many answers, extensive options to try and suggestions of paths to take, but also (and MOST IMPORTANTLY!!) a generous, caring group of people who would take me by the hand when needed and who would also kick me in the tush when that was necessary as well!! Within a very brief time, I was HOME!!

From the beginning I interacted with one and all. As time passed and I was pretty sure of the direction for me to take, I began to welcome and to do whatever I could for newbies. I was still near enough to what they were going thru to recall and appreciate how it felt!

Since that time I have been here in many capacities...Not the least of which was as driver of the Pink Bus! I have interacted with most of the members, seen far too many loose their battle to the beast, and, joyfully, have noted the absence of others who have gone on to live full and busy lives...So busy, in fact, that there is no longer but a moment here and there to "play" with us! We celebrated every such happy victory!

I have known many, many different Mods...Some went on to higher positions in WebMD...Others seemed to simply disappear, being replaced by new but equally helpful individuals. Each brought their own special gifts to us.

I have participated in many, many discussions with our members and with the Mods as well as with the Powers-That-Be about a variety of changes made in our format and system, new directions, etc. Too often changes resulted in the loss of members, but despite pleadings from one and all, changes here apparently are carved in marble. The attitude of WebMD often is best summarized by three words from the Bard: "I'll Not Budge!!!!" So we did our best to guide and work together in a new form despite the fact that the previous one was much more to our liking; much more comfortable a fit!

However, now I find myself at a cross-roads...I am torn when I think of those who may just now be beginning their journey; who will seek us out needing that helping, caring individual they may only find on this board. On the other hand, to simply continue to be used by this organization who doesn't even have the courage to approach us before implementing such a drastic alternative, isn't quite sitting well with me. The total lack of effort to address anyone who asked repeatedly on this board as well as on the others what the blazes was happening...Who ignored the members (who supposedly are their prime concern!!???) and left them abandoned and wanting to know what had happened to the Mods who were their anchors???? Let's face it! Would any of us continue to deal with such rudeness in any other aspect of our lives??? Hell NO!!!!!

So, I remain lost. For the present time I will continue to look in from time to time to see how things are going, and if and when I feel I might be of help, I'll try to chime in. However, if you notice I am somewhat quiet (and for me, you all know that is a definite change!!), I hope you will know why. Regardless of the decision I reach, I will continue to hold you all in my heart.

Many blessings...and much good health!

Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mhall6252 replied to rachael67's response:
There is a wonderful discussion board for us breast cancer gals - BreastCancer.org. More than 110,000 people have participated or are active members. The Moderators are responsive and caring. And there are thousands of topics, all related to breast cancer. And the place runs mostly on donations. Go take a look. Maybe someone will start a discussion titled "Refugees from that other site" so we can all meet up and continue to support one another.

I've been on the diabetic board and this breast cancer board for a long time and I'm pretty much fed up with this site.

I hope to see you over there!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:
Thanks for the info and invite, Michelle.

How is the diabetic board doing now? Has their membership fallen off? From what I am hearing many of the communities are hurting.

Will check out the BreastCancer.org site.

Blessings.
Rachael

PS....Do you think they will welcome a very large rose-colored vehicle as well???
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mhall6252 replied to rachael67's response:
Here's the link I created on BreastCancer.org

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/7/topic/799353?page=1#idx_1

I posted this once but it disappeared...hopefully it will stick this time. And I am sure that rose-colored vehicle will be welcome with open arms.

My screen name over there is LuvRVing.
Michelle

judyfams replied to mhall6252's response:
I have been on BCO since I was diagnosed in 2010 and think it is a wonderful discussion board. You have to search their list of topics to find one that deals with your specific problem - or you can start your own thread.
So I've been on both boards,
In fact the BCO ladies from northern NJ met and had a luncheon last Spring. It was fun.
Good luck to all - and hopefully you can find another "home" to help you deal with this disease.
Love,
Judy

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle ,
Thank you for the info I will have to look into it and see if I can find you on there. It is just so sad that this board is going down hill like this and Web Md doesn't even care about the people on here or what it is doing to all of us. I wish it was back to the way it was back when ZI first came on here much more people and should I say happy !!! Now it feels so sad
I wish you well and hope you have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
I am so sorry you are feeling so torn but I do understand I was feeling the same same way and still do most of the time. But it just feels like if I don't come on here then there maybe a person that comes here like I did that really needs to talk and there wont be anyone her for her. That to me is so very sad It just breaks my heart that this is happening and WEbMd is not getting it. Oh They are making me so mad and I don't like feeling this way.
I hope the newbies see the new site on here and go over there so they have some place to ask their questions and have people to chat with.
I wish you all the best and please know you will alway be near and dear to my heart take care angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to brcansur's response:
You can also find the discussion under the Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer and the title of the discussion is Friends from WebMD's Support Board.

The site has a great search forum and lots of helpful information.
Michelle

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
Hi,

I agree with Roberta, things may not be the same as it was etc., but last night I went to a class at the local cancer center and thinking that the people already in the room where part of the meditation class I was taking, NO they where there learning about rotten ole chemo and its side effects, I go, It never ends and it never will, then in the class as everyone was introducing themselves the woman next to me said she had Multiple Myeloma, truly I have never wanted to cry let alone leave the class as much as I did last night, It just won't stop.
I have been hit an miss about posting, but I read a lot of the posts and answers the ones that I feel I can be of some help, well I think and yes we have gotten to know others from all over the country. Way back when I met a woman from New Zealand who was going through BC and as I am from NZ we were able to talk about how we were treated etc by Dr's. She is still cancer free, and it had been over ten years since we meet on the board.
I am on a couple of other boards or posts or whatever we call them as it is interesting to connect with others.
Have a good day and like me pop in now and then. Jan I maybe in Seattle this July so, I would love to look you up if time permits. Husband & Daughter are riding from Seattle to Portland in two days, I will be SAG Support - - - -
Enjoy the day

Cheers
to all

Mary

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center