Skip to content
My friend has Breast cancer what do I do?
An_250019 posted:
This is new to me. Never did the online thing for help. But hear goes. My best friend has breast cancer in the lymph nodes. I want to help her but I dont know what to do for her. She has come of her chemo and now has brownish substance discharging from her breast we go to the Dr. thursday. She cant sleep bc she is worried about what is going on.I cant blame her. what can I do to help her get top sleep at night her mind is going all over the place?

GGrandmaJan responded:
Hello, and Welcome.

We are not Doctor's but just women who have had breast cancer. So we do need a little more info about your friend.

You did not say if she had any surgery. Did she have a lumpectomy? Ususally that is how they tell you What stage of cancer it is. How many lymph nodes did they remove?

I am sorry for your friend and sorry to ask you more questions. you need to ask her Dr to give her something to help her sleep. We can not advise her what to take.

Please do come back and ask more questions and we will do our best to answer them.

Take care.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

jenna291 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Hi, has she had surgery yet? I had chemo to shrink a tumor then a lumpectomy.
It would be good to bring a note pad with you and take down some info. There is so much that won't make sense but once you speak with people about it and look things up it will be clearer.

Her doctor should be able to prescribe something to help her relax and sleep.

Please give us some more info and we'll do our best to help out. I am sure she appreciates you being there. Good friends are so important during these trying times.

best ~
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center