Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newly Diagoned - Any Advice
justkarenc posted:
Just an update. I have had 3 chemo treatments so far I am feeling fine. I get tired but that is really the only thing. My 4th treatment is 2/1 and then on 2/15 I change to a new mixture so let's see how I do with that. That chemo is suppose to be easier. Let's hope I have the same luck. I will have 4 treatments and then chemo is completed.

I had my head shaved last night and I must say I like the look.

I feel very lucky and blessed that my chemo has gone as well as it has. I'm working and so far so good.

I want to thank everyone for their support and advice it has helped greatly.

Karen

jenna291 responded:
Karen, I am glad the chemo is working well for you and that you like your new look. I got into some nice earrings during the bald stages!

What is your next "cocktail"? My 2nd mixture was taxol.

I wish you luck and good health coming your way.

Jenna

brcansur responded:
Karen,
It is so nice to hear from you thank you for the update nice to hear you are doing well sending good wishes and best of luck on the next mixture of chemo. I am hopeing it goes as well if not better the first one.
I loved the bald look on me and all the cool things I could do with it like Jenna siad the earrings make a statement and make also looks good on you when bald it stands out more. I loved it no more fussing over what to do with what hair I had left no shampoo or hair products to worry about it was so much fun for me I even dressed up as Uncle fester for holloween with glow in the dark makeup on my head and face and went to a friends dads show he is in a band playing oldies music it was a blast.
See this can be fun also why always be down make it fun have a blast with your new look and good luck with the new mix of chemo sending loads of angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Karen,
Thinking about you and how you are doing, and wondering what your chemo drug is?
I hope you are resting and eating, staying hydrated, which is so very important.

blessings to you ~
Jenna

vajanie replied to jenna291's response:
Hi Karen,

It's really good to hear from you and to know that you're progressing through chemo with few problems. I'm also interested in your chemo cocktail. My second, like Jenna's was Taxol, and I tolerated it very well.

I also had my head shaved, and it is now growing back, I'm so excited every time I see it. A friend said that I look like Julius Caesar. I took that as a compliment, or I hope it was. It is quite distinguished.

I wish you all the best Karen, with chemo and otherwise.

Janie

jenna291 replied to vajanie's response:
Janie, I think that IS a compliment - Julius Caesar - now that is really something!
blessings,
Jenna

rachael67 replied to vajanie's response:
Get a laurel leaves wreath to wear, Janie!!
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center