Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Should I be scared??
crystaldaisy posted:
I am 37 years. I apologize in advance for the long story....I had a hysterectomy in July 2012 (kept one ovary.) In September I noticed a small dimple on my right breast when I raised my arm. I had lost some weight so I didn't really think anything of it, only that it would go away on its own. It was still there in December so I thought I would just call my dr. and see if I should be concerned. He had me come in so that he could see it and then they promptly scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound. The mammogram and ultrasound came back clear but it was recommended that I have a breast MRI due to having dense breasts. I was then referred to a surgeon's office.The breast MRI showed an abnormal lesion that was an irregular shape and only showed up with the contrast. It was recommended I have a vacuum assisted needle core biopsy which I had about a week ago. My surgeon's office called and told me that the results were "benign fibrocystic changes." However, two days later on the day of my follow-up appointment, the surgeon tells me that the pathologist called him and she doesn't agree with the results and feels that there may have been a sampling error. She also feels that the pathology results are "discordant of the MRI findings in specific concern to lobular carcinoma." The pathology report describes the lesion as thin, large and sheet-like and it is in the area of the dimpling. I have now been scheduled for MRI guided needle localization with excisional biopsy.

I am scared to death and I am so worried that this pathologist might be right. I feel like I was blind-sided. I was so relieved that my results were benign only to find out that I may still be at risk of having breast cancer.

Should I be scared? Is it normal for a pathologist not to agree with the results of a biopsy?

kiwiallright responded:
HI Crystaldaisy,

You have every right to be scared, I also feel good that they are wanting to do the test again, it is good they are going back now than later. As they say when we catch this beast early our chances are better.

I wish you all the best and please post your results.

Cheers

Mary

crystaldaisy replied to kiwiallright's response:
Thank you for replying to my post. I am trying to remain positive!

jenna291 replied to crystaldaisy's response:
Please let us know how you made out - we are all thinking of you here ~
Jenna

crystaldaisy replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks, I will. Excision is scheduled for Tuesday, 2/12.

brcansur replied to crystaldaisy's response:
Sending all the best for Tues try and do something you enjoy over the weekend to keep your mind busy it does help. I know easier said then done i have been there but try. I like to cook and bake so I made a nice dinner and a really moist choc cake for after then watched some movies. I have also done some shopping or sewing to keep my mind busy when going for test or surgeries anything that is fun for you and just keeps your mind off things. Spending time with family and friends getting out all are great ideas also. I hope this helps you out some for the weekend and the waiting time for the results. All good wishes and vibes coming your way. angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center