Skip to content
Whew---done with my Mother's apt.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi All,
Just a quick up-date on my Life. LOL

I was down at my Mother's apt each day last week. Boxing up her stuff to put into storage. Wheww---she had a lot of stuff. Sunday my crew of strong men with good backs were able to move all her furniture and the boxes into the heated---high security system storage area. Because my nephew is such a good packer everything fit into a 9 by 12 room. He really knows how to use every inch of space. What a guy!!!

Today I get to unload my car of just a few items. Now we wait for Probate before I can offer any of her personnel items to the G'Kids. She had 3 huge tub containers of just Games. I found a list she had made some years ago of each game she owned. Some of the G'kids had put their names next to any they wanted. Unbelievable the lists my Mother had on dispensing of her things to the right people's.

I also found a copy of the letter she had wrote to this guy she had loaned money to in the past. She called him a snake in the grass and a sleeker con artist. She sued him and he is making restitution of $12.00 a month for the rest of his life thru the Superior Court. She said all that $12.00 check does each month is remind her of the way she was conned by him. I read part of it to her Financial advisor and He was laughing so hard. Said "Yup that was your Mother!!! You NEVER wanted to get on her wrong side!!!!"

My Mother is still cracking me up. What an Amazing Mother and Person she was!!!!
Fondly
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

brcansur responded:
Jan,
Heloo my friend nice to see you again and thank you for the up date. I want to thank you for all the ideaa you have given me these past few weeks. Also your mother because it is all the things she has done to make this so much more easy on you that has given me the idea to redo my will. I have been thinking of all the stuff I have and who I want to have it and that I too should have a list and put it in my will. I too should have everything planed out so it will not be hard on any one when my time comes it will be all done pretty much for them. I have already started going through things and what I do not need is going to good will or in the trash that way it is much easier on who ever has to go through it all later. Your mom was a very smart women in many ways. Now about that $12.00 that had me laughing how funny is that but hey you have to get what is owed to you right. Good for her not to let him get away with trying to get over on her lol.lol. Love that women boy I wouldn't want to get on her bad side lol.lol. Now I see where you get your smart side from and some of your Smartside from lol.lol. Didn't I tell you that you would most likely have a lot of laughs while going through her things and boy are you I am so glad that it wasn't all sad now you have some more stories to tell. I am glad it is getting closer to being done and you will have time to sit back and remeber it all and have a good long laugh without all the work. Try and take a break and relax a little my friend you need it every now and again take care of you. I am thinking of you and holding you near and dear to my heart angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Jan, that story about the $12 a month is hysterical!!!! It must have driven the guy nuts to pay up. The sleeze bag. Good for your mom!

It sounds like you need some time to rest and relax - what an ordeal, between the service and all the packing up. Please take care of YOU now!!!! I insist - lol.

cheers -
Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks Jenna, for thinking of me. I am now just going thru my Mother's paperwork. I don't want to throw out some other funny thing she wrote. I told her financial advisor about that letter. Holy Moly he laughed so hard. You just never wanted to get on her bad side when it came to money that was loaned out. LOL.

I am just trying to catch my breathe. Now I am playing a :Celebration of her Life" for our local friends and family that did not travel up to her service. So again been on the phone almost non-stop. And I am not a person to talk on the phone. UGH.

Anyway I figure this is the last thing I could do for her. I invited the nurses and staff at Colonial assisted place as they were all so kind to her and took wonderful care of her. It is for Feb 16th.

Sorry haven't been on here much. I do hope people will keep on positng here but it really has slowed down a lot. Almost no newbies anymore which is totally weird.

Take care of you.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center