Skip to content
Judy & Michelle?
jenna291 posted:
Hello ladies,
Haven't seen you post in a while and am worried!
Hope you will be back soon to let us know you are
doing well.

blessings -
Jenna
FirstPrevious12NextLast

judyfams responded:
Jenna,
How nice that you are thinking about me.
I am fine and read the website every day - just haven't posted. Am keeping busy being a volunteer tutor at a local high school and teaching science in the GED program at a woman's shelter. So back to doing lesson plans - no papers to grade so that's good.
Also involved with doing workshops with my acupuncturist on nutrition and longevity which is fun and very interesting.
I love being busy and it makes me feel so humble that you have asked about me.
Thank you so much - I have found that there is a vast difference here since the moderators were let go. I remember when the posts slowed down Harlan would ask us something that we all could respond to. Maybe we could pick up that idea and every now and then one of us could post a question that would elicit responses from all the wonderful people here.
Thanks for thinking about me, and much love to all.
Judy

brcansur replied to judyfams's response:
Judy,
It is so nice to hear from you that all is well and that you are doing something you love like working with the children and teaching by tutoring that is great news. I am sure not having to grade all the papers is a very big plus to that one lol.lol. you get to do what you love but don't have the big headache that comes with it lol.lol.
The workshop you are doing sounds great I wish there was something like that around here maybe you got a bug in my head now to check into getting something going with the group I go to thank you I am going to bring it up at the next get together and see what we can do.
I also like your idea of posting a guestion like Haylen did every once in a while like at the start of a new months or in the middle even good idea.
It is so nice to know you are doing well and still checking in I will make sure to say hello now when I am on and post have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Judy,
So glad you are doing well and keeping busy. The workships sound fabulous.
I like your idea about coming up with something we could all respond to. I do miss our regular discussions when things quiet down!
I had my bone density test today and semi-annual oncologist visit both this morning. Results from bone density next week. They do it every 2 years because of the Arimidex. Last one was fine, so we'll see about this one.
Snowing very hard in Boston. We have a driving ban on since 4pm, and hopefully don't loose power. The heaviest snow is starting later tonight into tomorrow. 2 feet expected!!!!!

Again, so very glad you are well and good to see you on here. I worry when the regulars aren't around!!!

hugs, blessings and flowers,
Jenna

vajanie replied to jenna291's response:
Judy,

I too am very glad to hear from you and know that you're well. I'm amazed that you do so much. I was very interested in hearing about the workshop with your acupuncturist. At Duke I have consultations with a nutritionist, but now that I'm finished with chemo, in December, I won't be returning until April. Duke is a 3 hour drive for us and I don't like ask my husband to make extra trips.

Also, Jenna, I noticed your comment about Arimidex and wondered if you would give me the benefit of your experience with it. I am supposed to be taking it now, have the medication on hand but just can't decide if I want to do it. This decision has been kind of haunting me since my January oncologist visit. It feels like I'm living with an elephant who follows me around the house all day and then gets into bed with me at night. I am losing sleep over it. If you see this and don't mind talking about it I'll get more specific.

Jenna, I hope you kept your power during that snow. I have a nephew near Manchester, and I know they were hit hard. Hope you've kept warm and safe.

Best to all,
Janie

judyfams replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
Hope you are feeling better as you continue your treatment.
As far as my diet, I havegiven up "white food" - sugar, bread, pasta, cakes, cookies, potatoes. From my research I do believe that sugar is as bad for you as taking drugs - it is addictive and does nothing for the body. The fructose molecule which is part of sugar acts on the brain to counteract the brain's receptors to let you know you are full and have eaten enough so you can stop eating. When your body doesn't get those messages you continue to eat.
I use pure stevia as my sugar substitute. Also read the ingredients and buy only products that list 100% whole wheat, if it just says whole wheat, that doen not mean that it is not also mixed with white flour.
Needless to say I try to eat every 2-3 hours - lots of fruitsand veggies, only lean protein, no fast, fried or processed food and cut down on red meat.
I am no saint and when I go out to eat I do order food that I shouldn't - as I do miss it - but at least I am not eating those foods every day like I used to.
Hope this helps!
Judy

vajanie replied to judyfams's response:
Hi Judy, and thanks, that did help. My worst problem is sugar. We keep a small bag of dark chocolates and my craving for it is so bad that I've had to ask my husband to hide it so he doles out one a day at lunch time. I have a really intense craving for sugar and for chocolate. I'm down to having two teaspoonfuls a day in my coffee, and stevia for anything else. We both like it as a substitute.
We buy as much organic produce as we can, it's hard to find sometimes in a small city. I'm longing for summer fruits and vegetables. We have two very nice farmers' markets here, and are able to choose among three organic vendors.
Hope you enjoy your day.

Janie

jenna291 replied to vajanie's response:
Hi Janie, sugar is my weakness too. At least you are going for the dark chocolate tho, it is supposed to be a bit better for you than milk chocolate. At least you are getting some calcium with it!
I too cannot wait for the summer produce. I feel I eat so much better in the nice weather, as I am berry person and love to have huge bowls of all kinds every day in the summer.
I feel it is a constant battle to watch our diets, but hopefully it makes a difference in our lives. I think when I eat healthier I have more energy. I also limit to one cup of coffee in the am, and drink green or herbal tea in the afternoon if I am craving a hot cup.

hugs,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Hello,
I have not seen you on in a while was wondering if you got sick or the weather got to your power. I hope this new storm doesn't get to you it is coming up the coast they are calling for high wind and snow here later today into tomorrow. I seen your area is supposed to get the same thing hope you keep your power. I worry most about trees going down and power lines near my house. Hopeing for the storm to pass and not hit either of us maybe just go out to sea and not hit any one that would be best.
Oh now about choc I love dark also and it is better for us so I feel it isn't that bad to eat either lol.lol. I also can't wait for all the fresh fruit and veggies I love fresh berries also they are the best they taste so much better then frozen or what they have in the stores. I get my apples from a local place here and they are so good also peaches but they are all out now for the year till next season. I even got my pumpkins for pie from them this year oh it was so much better then can pumpkin. I have not done that in a long time it is a lot of work but oh it taste so much better. Ok here we go again talking about food lol I just want spring and all the fresh foods to get here like now. Oh I only have a little over a week to go before that really good cake for my Birthday dinner. Can't wait I can almost taste it now I will think of you when I cut into it I wish you were here to share it with me and a cup of tea. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi Roberta,
got a foot of snow overnight, what a mess around here! started to say that my computer crashed and I hit a button on this one, so if I repeat myself, sorry!!!! need to buy a new computer this week, bah!!!
Oh, I will be there in spirit to eat that super yummy cake! The strawberries and blueberries have been showing up in our local markets and have been good. I also bought a really good canteloupe this past week. I try to buy organic for the berries when possible.
thanks for thinking of me - just going to do some reading and stay warm in my sweatpants and tea. The weather is supposed to clear overnight and blue skies tomorrow.
hugs,
Jenna

Jenna,
Hello so glad you are back and hope the computer keeps working till you get the new one. I also got some snow the wet yucky kind and today supposed to be sunny and hit 50 yaaa!!! I hope it does and stays that way for a while. But they are calling for it to get cold again and another storm to hit Mon or Tues yuck I don't want any more snow I am so done with winter and snow and cold.
Only one week from today for the party and yummy cake can't wait. Now I am thinking about all the fresh fruit seeing you write about the berries sounds good over cereal in the morning. I too am going to get some stuff done around the house but I also have to run out to the store for a while today first. Then I am going to relax and watch some movies later. I want to get out if it is going to be 50 Nice and sunny also need the sun and fresh air when I can get it lol.lol. Well I am going to get going for now have a great day and weekend hope you get some sunny warm weather also angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

HI Roberta, writing to you from my new lap top, and boy is it fast compared to my old one! I could take a walk for 5 minutes waiting for the other one to load, so this is awesome to get on and go!!!
Had some yummy cinnamon French toast this am with fresh berries, blueberries, strawberries, rasberries and blackberries. Plus fresh squeezed orange juice. Total yummy!!!!

Sun out, snow melting and near 50 tomorrow. Can't wait! Going to take my mom out to lunch and some shopping tomorrow. Weekend is going way too fast.

have a great rest of the weekend ~
Jenna

Jenna,
Hello, so glad your new lap top is working nice and fast for you that is great. I would love to have a lap top but you know what i could do all this from my Kindle if I would just get wifi lol.lol but haven't got around to it yet lol.lol. I know I should just make that call and get it but I just plug it in to the computer and download my books and stuff and then go from there no extra charge that way too. But now I have the Ipod so wifi would be nice for when I am out and a bout for both of them plus summer is coming and more road trips. Here I go talking my self into it lo.lol. Well it would be cheaper then a lap top lol.lol.
So you got the nice weather also it was 53 here Sat and now the sun is coming out today also but not yet in the 50's but getting close to 40 so it may. But they are calling for more snow and getting cold again by tonight and into mon and tues. Hope it stays nice for your shopping and lunch with your mom that sounds like so much fun. I love shopping and the food in the Boston area. We are planning a trip there around Sept with a friend of ours to Salem then into Boston for shopping and some good food. I will let you know when I am coming your way never know maybe we could meet that would be great.Oh your french toast sounds so good I love it with fresh friut Now I want french toast. Umm cinn raisin bread with a little vanilla in the egg mix then the friut over it. I also like to make it with bread that you have to slice that way it can be a little thicker use eggnog in your egg mixture add cinn and nutmeg mix well it is so good then cover with apples and ciin. I cook them a little so they are soft add a little brown sugar so yummy. Ok here we go again talking about food lol.lol. Well I need to get going and get a few things done some sewing have to finish kaidens P.J's have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, you French toast sounds amazing! Apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, oh how yummy! And with the fruit on top, fabulous. French toast is one of my favorite things and when its good I am in heaven!
Did you take a trip out to Salem last year too? Fun place to visit and Boston is so awesome in the spring and summer. You will need to bring a huge appetite with you! Let me know when you are coming, I can maybe suggest some places to see, and maybe run into each other too. That would be so much fun!
Had a great day with mom. Went shopping and out for Chinese food.
I am loving this new computer - so much faster than the old one.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend - almost over, bah humbug!

Jenna

Jenna,
Hello,The weekend was good hit 50's both days and wish it was still the weekend it did go to fast. No didn't get to Salem or Boston last year but did the year before in Oct so busy there that time of year. This trying for Sept I have been in Nov and Dec loved it so very pretty all done up for holidays. I will let you know when we are planing to be there and hopefully we can meet someplace that would be nice. Plus you know the good places to eat and the good treats too lol.lol.
I am so happy it was nice out and that you had a great day with your mom shopping and going out to eat. Plus the new computer is so much faster and working so good for you well see things are looking up for you after all the storms and low days now it is sunshine and good days for you. I hope that this is a sign of spring and sunshine soon with flowers and birds singing all day long. Well have to get running have a lot of errands to get done today and one is at DMV not fun ...
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center