Skip to content
Please Know....
rachael67 posted:
For those of you who are inquiring as to why many of the old regulars are silent, please be aware that it does NOT mean that we no longer care about our Friends on this board! We value you and all those whom we have "met" thru the many years on WebMD. You all will continue to be in our hearts and in our thoughts. We wish your journey to be one of healing, and all your days filled with good health!

That will never change!!

What has changed, however, is this site! Because of their disinterest in the members, blindness to what their "new direction" is doing to all the communities, and their silence when we quite literally beg them for a discussion or explanation, we feel mistreated and no longer wanted or necessary.

For over 10 years I have been a member here. I have grown to know and to care for so many of you, We have encouraged and prayed for and cried with countless friends; sadly also mourning the loss of some. Together we have weathered too many storms, and shared not enough yet so much laughter and love!

We have seen folks come to this site, confused and overwhelmed newbies, as they began their journey. We've held hands and driven them on Pinkie and saw them not only attain health but remain on the boards to encourage others.

During these years many members, no longer lost in the mystery of illness but strong once again, have found their lives so filled they no longer had time to come on the boards regularly. We hated to see them go, but rejoiced in their wonderful new lives!

We have also seen waaaay too many folks leave this community NOT because of disinterest in its members, but in total disgust with the direction the Powers-That-Be were taking it. We have united in every known effort to have them listen to our needs (as that is what they claim to be their mission!) They will placate us with assurances of "eventually" and "give it time" and even went so far as to designate some of us to be guides in each 'rebirth" of the site. Those thus designated would be engage in hours of discussions on conference calls, etc. All filled with hope and promises which, most sadly, were never realized!

At this juncture and this latest reincarnation, speaking for myself but may well echo some of the feelings of others, I have all but given up! I will look in regularly and from time to time post when I feel I can be of help. However, they have more than disappointed me and I reluctantly say "ENOUGH"!

Please know that each of you has a most special place in my heart, and I wish only the best for you! I would very much appreciate it if you will keep me in your thoughts as well.

Blessings Always.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Rachael,
Oh Rachael you will always be in my thoughts and heart and I will always be sending out angel hugs to you and the best of luck each and everyday. How could I not think of you or remember you ? You are one of the first that replyed when I first came to this board and welcomed me with open arms. You are the ones that always has a way of calming and comforting me with each and every issue I have gone through. Plus you are one of the ones that helped me so much these past 6 months with my brothers passing and all the things going on with my health and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. NO I will never forget you and YES I will always hold you near and dear to my heart you are part of a very specail family for me. One that has always been there when I needed them thank you so very much for all you have done. May you have a great day and many many more to come angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 responded:
Oh Rachael, why is it that something so wonderful had to take a turn like this? I Have come to rely on the advice, love and humor of all of the regulars on this board, sharing our most personal stories that only those who have been down a road such as ours could possibly understand.
I hope this turns around. I would miss coming here as it has become a regular part of my life these last few years.
I will always remember your caring and kind words and hope to see you back here whenever possible.

many blessings,
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center