Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just Checking In.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi Everyone.
Sorry, I have been MIA but have been extremely busy as you all can imagine.

Just a quick up-date on a few missing people's. I noticed you have been asking about Michele. She and her family are in Hawaii. She was able to go to warmer weather before she starts her next round of chemo. She is posting on her blog so Please do go there for her up-dates. I am so thankfull she isn't in the middle of this storm hitting the East Coast.

Rachael, as she posted is a little miffed at WebMD for not informing us of all their crazy changes. She will be back, we just need to give her a little time. Also she is trying to figure out how to use her new I-Pad she got as a Christmas gift. Rachael, Good luck with that---LOL---LOL. As we all know as we get a little older it is more difficult to figure out all this new tech-no stuff. LOL.

As I posted earlier, I was able to get all my Mother's belongings moved into storage. Then I decided to have a "Celebration of Her Life" here locally for all her friends that couldn't make it up to her Service 150 miles north of us. It is going to be on Feb, 16th. She would have turned 93 on Feb, 14th so Valentine's day this year will be a little bittersweet. altho my step-daughter also shared the same day for BD's.

My Mother still has me in stitches, as I wade thru her papers. She really never forgot if she loaned you money and never paid it back. Her financial advisor and I were laughing about that the other day. He said he worked overtime to never get on her bad side. She was a very caring person and would always help you out whenever she could but you HAD darn well better pay her back. LOL. What a lady!!!

I sort of feel guilty I am not in tears all the time, BUT my Mom and I shared so much for so many years. I do miss her terribly but she still keeps me laughing. She never had a computer but she knew how to keep lists of things using her Old Royal typewriter. She made good use of it.

I tried posting the other day but WebMD decided not to like me. I wrote a very long post and it said they were busy to try again later. I hope that is not on omen of things to come.

Hugs all, Stay safe and off the roads if on the East Coast.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

jenna291 responded:
Jan, glad all is well with you. I had a lot of fond memories when you mentioned your mom's old Royal typewriter! I had one of those. Now I know I am dating myself - lol! These kids today have no idea what it was like before the big technology boom.
I am so glad Michelle is off having fun before more chemo. I am glad, I was worried!
We are crippled in the northeast with more than 2 feet around Boston and a driving ban in effect. Luckily we have power but more than 1/2 million in Mass do not. At least we are warm, I have my coffee and brownies, and can watch tv and read. Feel very blessed for those simple pleasures!!!
I have had trouble with this website too. All of your posts say you posted "just now". It is really weird, but I guess I'm glad at least things are still working.
take care -
Jenna

brcansur responded:
Jan,
I am so glad that your mom is still making you laugh that is a very good thing remember her the way she was and not in a bad or sad way is always a good thing. Please do not feel bad because you are not crying that does not mean that you don't miss her it just means you are remebering the women that she was happy funny and outgoing not a sad oh is me women. I am so very proud of you for everything you have done for her and still doing for her. You are one heck of a women and very strong one at that. Oh believe me I am sure you will find more things or hear more stories to make you laugh as the days ,months even years go on. I had helped my mother go through my grams house when she passed and boy did we find things and we had some laughs. Then we just finally packed things up and decided to go through them at home. Well we got them here and started going through some of the paper and pictures oh how we laughed at some of the stuff we found and the stories that came with them. Enjoy the storeis and laughs pass those stories down to your children and grand children so your mother is never forgotten. Just from your stories and the pictures you sent me I feel like I know her. Thank you so much for sharing and letting me know such a wonderful person even if for a short time. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
So glad to hear that you have power and are doing well stay warm and enjoy those brownies
I am sure you are not missing haveing to go out in the cold and snow at all. You love to cuddle up and read a good book enjoy while you can.
I too have had some trouble with posting here but keep trying and sooner or later it goes on. I don't care when it says it posted as long as it get on.
Well have a great day stay warm and safe angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
I am with you Roberta = even tho it gets tough to post sometimes, I will keep trying! My posts always say "just now" next to everyone's responses. Weird.

back to work tomorrow - but the weather is really going to be lousy all week. Hopefully it doesn't affect driving. I sure hate to drive in the bad weather.

stay warm - off to make lunch for work, iron some clothes, then read before bed.

Jenna

Jenna,
Hello and good morning well I woke to everything covered in ice looks pretty but not nice to have to go out in. I can't believe they have school today those poor little ones walking to the bus stops and it is still doing that freezing rain stuff on them. They wait on the corner in front of my house I feel so bad for them. Somedays I want to tell them to wait on my porch and give them all hot choc but then think again about that. Because of the parents now days wanting to always find some reason to go to court to get money.
Be careful out there and stay warm I am staying in with Kaiden today nothing can get me to go out in this mess. Plus he is getting more teeth 2 came through on top over the weekend so he isn't feeling his best today.
Have a great day be safe angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, poor little guy getting new teeth. My son used to drool something awful when he was teething. I was always changing him. Have you tried freezing a teething ring? That used to help my kids a lot.
Wel, preparing for more snow so getting out today for errands and lunch with mom. I really don't mind being home as long as we have power and I have a good book to read!
take care -
Jenna

Jenna,
Thanks for the ideas for teething he did the froozen ring thing doesn't like it. He likes when I wet a wash cloth put it in the freezer for just a few mins then he chews on it like crazy. Then he has the toy keys he chews on them also all the time. Oh and the drooling we have bibs with the plastic backs so he doesn't get his shirts so wet so fast. But he can makes so good wet spots every where he goes lol.lol. Like on your lap shirt shoulder ect ect ect.... It is like everyday there is a new tooth coming in now he isn't really fussy just gets the runny nose and the ear infections with it. My son did the same thing always at the doctors when he was teething no fun at all. Couldn't wait till he was done.
Well I am thinking about getting out today also before we get more of this crazy weather rain and snow mix also. We got a little dusting of snow over night not much. I want to get to the store before it gets to bad out. I will talk again soon have fun shopping I just like getting out in the fresh air. Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Oh you bring back such memories - my son always needed to be changed - everything got wet!!! I do miss thos days tho - he is 23 now!!!
The stores were a little crazy today as we are expecting another 6 inches of snow tonight. A lot melted this week which was good because there is nowhere else to put this darn stuff.
Stay warm and safe -
Jenna

Jenna,
Oh I got out for a while Sat it turned out to be a nice day sun out but a little windy at times but not to bad in the 30's. I am planning on going out again today need to go food shopping it turned out to be sunny again or at least so far it is didn't get that storm after all or not yet any way. I am so happy about that. I like the sun being out even if it is still cold out it makes it feel better with the sunshine. I know what you mean about the snow melting a lot of ours melted also and I wouldn't mind if it all does and we get no more of it this year....
I may even go and do some me shopping so much fun
Maybe even some nice bright flowers before I come back home just because I want them lol.lol ... The sun just puts you in a much better mood a good shopping mood lol.lol.
time to go shopping have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center