Skip to content
Meals to make for Valentines day just for fun
brcansur posted:
Here is another one ladies things we can make for Valentines day have any ideas ?
here are a few I have done when my son was little.
1. I got small heart shaped foil pans and made small meatloafs for each of us. Then mashed potatoes and put just a little red foodcoloring in them so they were pink. Then we had beets for a veg and raspberry gingerale to drink. Then I made heart shaped muffins for later with hot choc.

2. For brunch I have made heart shaped french toast and raspberry syrup or put strawberries on them eggs and cranberry juice.

Now lets see if any of you have come up with any good ides for a red heart dinner or just a sweetheart dinner ,breakfast or lucnch.
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jenna291 responded:
OK Roberta, you are super creative and ambitious!!!! LOL
Beyond cupcakes I really haven't done anything that exciting. I want Chinese food tomorrow, the spare ribs are a little red, does that count????
cheers
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
LOL that was good you got me laughing on the ribs so funny. Ok I will let that one count since you work all day take out counts lol.
Did you notice the new picture of Kaiden that was his red for Valentines day and being silly as always. He is getting so big only 13 months old but wearing 18 month outfits already. He is sending hugs and Kisses to all and Happy Valentines everyone. !!!
Roberta

Jenna,
You got me wanting BBQ so I made pulled chicken it is made the same as pulled pork but I use chicken and homemade BBQ sauce. Then I sliced sweet potatoes thin like chips and baked them in the oven till browned a litlle and made nice fresh spinach. I know not really a heart shaped or to red of a dinner but the sauce was red lol lol . Hey I made a dinner and then had a nice big soft choc chip cookie after that was so good
That was my Valentines day dinner this year .
Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, your dinner sounds yummy! I make pulled chicken in my crockpot with barbeque sauce and fresh onions, simmer for several hours and it is so tender and delicious. I love barbeque!
We did end up with Chinese food and nice red ribs - LOL - and it was delicious! Followed up with dessert of fresh pineapple and a chocolate truffle. I am still stuffed this morning!!!
Kaiden's picture is adorable and he is getting so big! It seems to be he is just born. This is what I mean about being a family here. I love to hear stories about what everyone is up to. I always hope this forum never goes away!!!

have a great day ~
Jenna!

Jenna,
I too love BBQ in the summer I will grill just about anything just so I can have it BBQed lol.lol. have you ever had eggplany grilled with BBQ sauce on it so good. cut in half put skin side down brush just a little sauce over it and grill till tender. then turn over fleshy side down for just a few min to brown so good !! Ok I am sorry if I am making you hungry I do this also with squash. I have also mixed sliced potatoes with mixed fresh veggies and just a little sauce put in foil and grill then grill some chicken to go with it very good. Ok here we go again talking about food. Oh and you said you had pineapple have you ever grilled it oh it is so good all you do is slice it and grill it till it has a little brown on it ummm !! Ok I am going to stop now have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Wow, you do grill just about anything!!!! I will absolutely try potatoes and veggies with some bbq sauce. Never would have thought about pineapple!
I had eggplant parm for dinner with a nice arugula and spinach salad so I am full thankfully or I wouold have to get the grill going! LOL.
enjoy your weekend - more snow on the way to New England.

~ Jenna

Jenna,
I have also mixed veggies and potatoes with Italian dressing and grilled them and put chcicken in the dressing let it set for about an hour or more then grill it comes out very moist and taste so good.
You can grill anything even pizza oh and it taste so good when done on the grill just have to make sure the grill doesn't get to hot or flames when doing a pizza.
Have fun grilling lol.lol.
If you ever want ideas just ask I will help if I can I just try it and see how it comes out have had good luck so far. That is how I cook also lol.lol.
have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, I do love Italian dressing on chicken. I do that a lot in the summer, and with steak tips too once in a great while when we are craving beef.
No grilling today tho - the snow is piling up and the roads are horrible!
I am cooking a boneless turkey breast in the oven later for dinner, with steamed green beans, squash and potatoes.
Hope your weather is better than ours - the wind is nasty and I pray the power holds out, especially so we can cook today. It is only about 15 degrees out too.
stay warm and dry and safe!
Jenna

Jenna,
Oh it has been sunny but oh so cold here and windy also all weekend and Mon today the clouds are out and the snow is supposed to fly. It has only been in the teens today calling for the high 20's if we are lucky but the rain then wet snow is coming with it. That is when it gets nasty out and the roads aren't so nice or peoples driving I have to go out today for 3 Doctors follow up appts one at 10:45 another at 2 and another at 5:30. I wish they were one right after the other so much easier but not this time. Well hopefully it doesn't get to bad out till I get home or at all. I just want spring now !! I will talk again soon have a great day stay warm and dry and safe hope you keep your power angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, wishing you much good luck with your doctors appointments. What are they for? Any tests today?
I too can't wait for spring. We have mid 30's and rain today. Meeting up with friends for dinner so very glad there is no snow.
~ Jenna

Jenna,
Hello, My appts went well thank you for asking. The morning one was the Dr for my arthritis and fibro he is keeping everything the same for the winter and wants to see me back in the spring to see where i am at with the pain. It is really bad right now but he doesn't want to change any meds due to the weather and pain so going to wait it out and see what happens in spring. I agree do not want to play with new meds and my allergies to all kinds of meds right now. The afternoon one was the ear and nose Dr for the ringing inmy ears getting really bad and this sinus ?cold thing I have had now for over 3 weeks. Well he did a hearing test I did very well but I do still have that thing with the ringing it starts with a t can't say it let a lone spell it lol.lol. It is getting worse and he said will get worse with age nice lol.lol other then that all is well the sinus thing is mostly due to my year round allergies also fun !!! But nothing bad going on no hearing lose except when the ringing gets really bad then it makes it hard to make out what people are saying or if there is a lot of background nose the ringing gets bad and it makes it hard to heard what people are saying. So I guess I just have to deal with it and get used to it because there isn't much they can do for it till you have a big hearing lose then wear hearing aides and they help with the ringing.
Then I went and ordered my Birthday cake for next month I was told to get what ever I wanted so I got a canollie cake do you have them in Boston they are so good? I am getting the choc cake with the creamy cheese and choc chip filling and the real whipped cream frosting on top I could also have raspberries or strawberries in it but decided that would be to much. I am not really sure everything they use for the filling but one is racotti cheese and mini chips oh but it is so good it is an Italian cake big around here. Then while I was out I did get caught in that nasty wet snow with some sleet not nice at all with a lot of wind. The roads were getting bad when I was coming home I am so happy I got home before it got to bad out. Now today the sun is out off and on but still very cold. Crazy weather just give me spring already and I will be happy ! Ok need to get going Kaiden isn't doing the nap today poor guy can't seam to get the ear infection to stay gone he has it back again. this is the 3 rd time since Dec 12 th. Now he just wants to be held and cuddle then he will sleep all day that way so I don't get much done but he is calm and happy for me so what ever works and keeps him happy. I know they hurt and I wouldn't want to be in that kind of pain so I will hold him if that is what he wants. House work and playing on here can wait so can my sewing. have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, My sinuses have been SO much worse since chemo. I am in a support group with 8 other women who all had chemo, and we all get more headaches and have more sinus issues than we did before. I don't think that's a coincidence. I am sure in an old post I mentioned that my eyes are more sensitive because the lashes came back thinner. Well, nose hair is probably thinner too, therefore not as much to protect from the darn pollutants in the air!
Boston is FAMOUS for canoli!!! We have an area called the North End with many wonderful Italian restaurants and bakeries. Some of the best cannoli in the world come from these parts! YUM! A cannoli cake is the best, especially with some chocolate on it - now that is making me drool!!! LOL!
Hope Kaiden is feeling better.
We are bracing for another storm this weekend. 6-10 inches expected
When I go out food shopping tomorrow, I am definitely getting some fresh flowers. My orange tulips have had it, so need to replace them to cheer me up!!!!
have a great night ~
Jenna

Jenna,
Hello sorry didn't get back to you sooner been sick all weekend had one of my really bad headaches and some stomach bug and still don't feel that great today. Just came on to check how everyone is doing then back to laying down as much as Kaiden will let me.lol.lol That is a joke right. He is feeling a little better but still resting a lot or just sitting in his seat and watching nick jr so not very active either so shouldn't be to bad today.
Oh so you have all the good bakeries also nice so you know what I am talking about this cake is so good. I can't wait till my Birthday to eat this very yummy cake and I got a big enough one so I will have left overs lol.lol. I will think of you when I cut into it the first slice is mine then I will cut you a slice lol.lol. well Kaiden is up have to go have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta,
I sure do hope you are feeling better. That bug has been going around here too and it is a nasy one. Just rest and hydrate when you can.
hugs,
Jenna

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center