Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wish Me Luck-today.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi All,
Well, today I go see my new Onc Dr. and get the results of my CT scans of chest, Abd, and pelvis. Plus my lab tests. This is the Dr that Dr. Dreamy recommended. Last Nov it seemed to be so far off. LOL.

Now the day is here!!!

So much has happened in my life the last month and a half, I almost forgot about these appts. I am so busy yet in dealing with all my Mother's things this appt seems like an intrusion on my life at the moment. But got to get it done. I am not worried. Just have to go 50 miles up north to see this new Dr. Right now, I just don't have the time to waste. LOL.

Hope everyone is recovering from that big storm.

Yes, Roberta, I have also started my seeds. Brocolli seeds need months to get going. Plus Cauliflower--Peppers and you name it. Our weather has been so nice I want to get outside but I know more cold weather is coming.

Hugs All
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

rachael67 responded:
We'll be right beside you, my Friend! Just try to control your flirting today...ok?

Many Blessings. Rachael.
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams replied to rachael67's response:
Jan,
Let us know what you think ofthis new doctor. Looking forward to hearing whether or not you have another Dr. Dreamy in your life!
Good luck,
Judy

brcansur responded:
Jan,
Sending the best of luck for your appt with the new Dr hope all goes well and that he works out for you. The most important thing is that you get along well and he is a good Dr and knows his stuff. Not like that last one he was a nut. But no more Dr dreamy's for you one is enough lol.lol You have to safe some of them for us other ladies you know lol.lol.
Now about the seed and starting them already I only wish I could I will most likely be going to the green house and getting them already started this year to much going on again. I most likely wont have time to do them myself. Kaiden has his surgery coming up on March 7 then any were from 2 -4 weeks with the cath in then I don't know how much time after that recovering from it. So it is going to be very busy again around here. Beth is taking time off so we will be taking turns caring for him but still going to be busy.
But I can't wait to get in the dirt and play with my veggie garden and rose garden again. I am even thinking about doing something differnt in the front and side of the house with flowers this year to brighten it up more. I have the bug real bad now to get out there and get into the dirt and really create something nice. Well I need to get going and check more stuff out on line then get more sewing done today and some cooking also. I will talk soon let us know how you make out with the new Dr. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

maybembt responded:
Jan, I am praying that all goes well with this new Dr. Please let us know how it goes.

I too like to garden but haven't had much luck. The soil is bad here so, I have tried pot gardening. I tried tomatoes, peppers, and watermelon. I get lots of plant and blossom, but when fruit comes it is very small and dies off immediately. Anyone know what I can do to solve this?
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

jenna291 replied to maybembt's response:
Hi Jan, hoping and praying things go well with your appointment and that you are comfortable with this new doc.
Storm is over and its a balmy 40 today - yay!!!

hugs,
Jenna

brcansur replied to maybembt's response:
Marybeth,
Hello it is so nice to see you on again. how big is the pot you are using it maybe to small for the fruit to grow. Then to make the soil nice and rich do you have banana peels or coffee grounds you can put the on top of the soil it helps. also if you have eggshells crush them and put them on top of the soil they help too. These are some of the things I have learned over the years from family and friends and they did work for me because my soil is very rocky and needed more minerals and stuff in it. I didn't want to add chemicals so I do this instead and I have had good luck so far.So pretty much any scapes from veggies you eat you put ontop of the soil and it feeds the new friut and veggies that are growing. I would chop them very small first and crush the eggshells ,cut the banana peels small also. Hope this helps you out some have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. how are you feeling with the whole chest recovery and muscle pain? Hope it is much better and you are doing well with everything.
Roberta

maybembt replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
My plants were so big and healthy, I didn't think that my soil could be poor. My pots are 16" and I am growing peppers and tomatoes. That should be plenty big. I'll try vegetable peals to fertilize. I don't know why I am even trying to grow my own, since I can go to the open market any time during the year and enough buy fresh fruit and veggies for a week for less than $10. But eating my own veggies is always something special.
I am doing fine now. I figure if I hadn't used that atrophied pectoral muscle for 8 years, I don't need it now.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

brcansur replied to maybembt's response:
Marybeth,
Hello so nice to hear you are doing well now great news.
I know I love to have a garden because it is so relaxing just going out and taking care of them and knowing I grew them myself. Plus watching them grow from a little thing to flowers then the friut or veggie is so much fun and a great feeling knowing you helped that happen. I know what you mean though I could go to the farmers market and buy them also it just feels much better growing them myself it is something special knowing you got them from your own plants.
Have a great day angel hugs and good luck with your plants. Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center