Skip to content
Up-Date on Me. Whewwww!!!
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi All my sweet friends,

Yip, got a Good One this time around. He is no Dr. Dreamy but older. That is O.K. by me as he is really caring and Listens!!!

Yeppers, Dr. Dreamy came thru for me once again as this is the Dr--- he recommended.

Anyway, CT scans were all negative. Wheww. NED. (No Evidence of Disease!!!)

He explained they would do scans on me every 6 months for 4 yrs as this angiosarcoma is a sneaky type of ca. WOW---That is all I wanted--- to be monitored on a timely basis. He also explained what I needed to watch for such as any red area that stayed around for days and didn't go away. To keep really good track of just how I felt. If I had any questions What-So-Ever that came up to give him a call.

Geez, What a concept!!! A Dr that explains things and listens to what I had to say. All in all a very good appt.

So ladies, what I want to get across to each of you---IF you don't like a Dr that DOES not communicate with you LIKE you want---RUN do not walk to another Dr that will listen to your concerns. You are NOT stuck with a Dr that is NOT a good fit for you!!!!!.

We have to be our own best advocate!!! Just remember that one. We know our bodies and how we feel. You need a Dr that will listen.

I told him I didn't want a Dr. to hold my hand and pat me on my back and tell me all is O.K. when it might not be----- but wanted one that would explain things to me and ONE that would listen to ME.

So altho, he is not a Dr. Dreamy he is going to be a "Good Fit" for me.

Each of us need to learn from one another as we go thru this journey. I just don't want any of you to be sheep and follow the "Leader". Ask questions---Ask questions.

The Dr I saw in Nov did not answer one question I had. Then when he told me my rare cancer in my breast was so tiny---removed my breast, therefore I was cured!!! Well, I knew better than that. With angiosarcoma you are NOT cured but hopefully you put it into remission.

I am not telling you ladies, to question everything your Dr says but IF you don't understand what he is saying then ASK for an explaination. I know it is the most horrible feeling in the world to suddenly be told you have cancer. Remember to take a deep breath---Take the time to educate yourself the best you can. WE do have options.
It is NOT neccessarily a death sentence. I know the first thing you think of is "Get it OUT!!!" But we do have time to ask for ALL our options and get our questions answered.

This concludes my lecture for the day. LOL LOL.

Good luck to each of you.
I am one happy camper this A.M.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

brcansur responded:
Jan,
That is great news so happy for you dancing in my dinning room for you really dancing in my chair still bopping around happy happy happy !!!!!!
I am so happy he is a good doctor and listen and talks with you as a person not trying to just push you out the door great. You need doctors like him we all do boy I wish there was more like him I do have some like him also and boy I hold on tight to them. I have to admit I have a good team of doctors that all work together and they all know my medical conditions and go over my chart together to see what works best for me all the time before any of them will change anything they talk. That is what I really like about my doctors they talk to each other and work things out so I don't have to go from doctor to doctor and do the work all myself for them. plus if one does test the results are sent right to all my other doctors the same day also. I am like you I like doctors like that and that answer your questions because I have a lot of them at times ok most of the time I have questions because so much comes up I just need to know the answers to everything. lol.lol.
Ok Back to you and no cancer showing up wow are you going to celebrate ?!! You better !!! You deserve it big time after all you have been through with your health and the past few months heck the past year go out and have dinner go shopping and treat yourself to something nice just have fun. Boy I wish I lived closer to you because I would take you to luch and shopping then dinner and a movie really I would because you are one strong beautiful women that deserves to be spoiled for a day heck a week or more. Just please have some fun and relaxx for a while now just have some you time. I am sending you a big bunch of beautiful colorful flowers with a big smily face balloon and when you open the card out pops a lot of sparkly glitter enjoy !! Oh you thought I was going to say out pops a nice hot sexy man lol.no you have enough with Dr Dreamy lol.lol So I am keeping the nice men for me lol.lol. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

maybembt responded:
Jan,

Glad to hear you found a Dr that listens. Illness is twice as hard to bear when the Dr doesn't help you understand and get through it. We are more than a body, and the rest of us need to be treated as well.
I too changed Dr this year. When I came back to the US from Guatemala, I wanted physical therapy for my broken wrist. My Dr said I didn't need it and refused to order it for me. I found out from a physical therapist that she never prescribes physical therapy for anyone. She did a blood test and increased my thyroid medicine. When I asked her why she said it was the same dose, when I said no that she increased it, she said that's alright. She was never open to my being involved in my own health. I went and found another Dr. He put me back on the original dose of my medicine. He was the first Dr to allow me to my use the Latin American form of the medicine. And He gave me his phone number to call from Guatemala if I had any health questions! Yes a good Dr is hard to find, but if you find one count yourself blessed!
Glad to hear about your CT scan.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

Janice_78 responded:
So glad to hear, Jan, that you're still dancing with NED.

jenna291 replied to Janice_78's response:
Jan, that is wonderful news!!!! I am so happy your tests were clear, AND you have a new doctor that listens. That is such a huge comfort. I think its good to be monitored regularly like that. I still go to the oncologist 5 years out because of the arimidex and the size of my tumor. I don't mind going if it keeps me on top of my health.
I hope you celebrate in a big way!
I'm joining Roberta and sending you some nice colorful flowers and I'll add a big box of chocolates to mine!!!!
great news, my friend!!!!

~ Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to brcansur's response:
Thanks Roberta, You are super.

No Dr. Dreamy this time but a Nice Older Dr. that is very caring and will listen to ME. What a concept. I am so lucky I found him. He is in the same group as Dr. Iceberg but does not come down here to my local area. But I am fine with that. I will go 40 minutes drive to see him. NO problem.

Hope all is going well with you.

Hugs.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center