Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on Melissa
Janice_78 posted:
I've copied John's post from another board.

My sis, Kathy, came in from CA last night. So Leslie, my sister-in-law and Melissa's brother, Brooks, took turns watching and caring for Melissa last night and this morning, so I was actually able to close my eyes for about 5 hours straight in bed while I held Melissa's hand and arm the whole time.
That was the most continuous rest I've had in 3 weeks. Can't say I slept the whole time but it was still recharging.
At about 4 am our time while I was listening to Melissa breathe--it actually sounded like she was saying my name--over and over, but all of a sudden it stopped.
I opened my eyes and looked for any signs of life.
It is very dark and I did not want to turn on a light since it hurts Melissa's blind eyes, and I could not see any while stirring from my own resting coma.
I immediately called for Brooks, who was in the great room not too far away. He came rushing in and put a hand to her heart. And he said, faint but still there.
Yes, she still is breathin'....

GGrandmaJan responded:
Many thanks, Janice for sharing John's post. Sending loads of prayers for Mel and her whole family.

I am glad to know John has some help. Poor guy, really needs his family around him at this time.

Really appreciate the up-date. Thanks for thinking of us.

Hugs to you.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! quoted by Me.

brcansur responded:
Thank you for sharing and my thoughts and prayers go out to melissa and her family. I am happy to see that John has help and is not alone at this time family and friends are so important now. I am sending loads of angel hugs for comfort and support Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center