Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Archive help?
mommasboy posted:
Hello all my name is Brian and this is the first time ive visited this board. I dont know why its taken me so long and I fear that its probably too late. Im curious if anyone has been active on here for over 10 years. The reason I ask is that my mother was very active on this board and I know at least one other( but not sure the name). She organized a few get togethers of women from across the country that educated and supported each other in their battles. She passed away 10 years ago and it took me a very long time to heal from that. Now I feel like im at a point i'd like to know some more about what she went through and if possible read some of her post. Maybe even talk with a friend or two of hers. I know she had printed out all of the posts of one of her friend's that had passed and made it into a book for the womans small children so they could have an idea what their mother was like. I was 19 when she passed so I was extremely lucky to have her there for most of my important moments in life. I have no idea if these are even archived that far back. I know this is a HUGE shot in the dark but if anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it. My mothers name was Jennifer Dobos from Marietta Georgia. She passed away in May of 2002 and she was active on these boards from appoximately 1998-2002. Like i said any and all help is greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank you all for being there for each other i know how much it meant to my mom to be able to talk with other people going through the same thing.

Janice_78 responded:
Hi Brian,

I remember your mom. She planned a get together in Atlanta. I I think it was May 2001. John and I helped her. If memory serves me correctly, she had some progression of disease and had to go back on chemo so we helped with restaurant plans, etc.

Some of the ladies from WebMD have started a page on Facebook called "Pinkie and Friends". I think first I have to "friend" you on Facebook before I can add you to our page as it's a private page. My name is Janice Kline Haines. There you can meet more people who will remember your mom.

I can only imagine how hard these last 10 years have been on you and your family. It's incredibly difficult to lose your mom.

Hugs,

Janice

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center