Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Male breast pain, negative mammogram/ultrasound
haveldad posted:
I am a 25 year old male, I recently started feeling pain starting in my right breast off and on, i now sometimes feel it both sides. It feels like there are some masses there. Two weeks ago my doctor ordered a mammogram and ultra sound to check it out, but both came back negative. They pretty much told me there was nothing wrong, although they felt the masses too.

I am still feeling pain off and on in those same areas, and still feeling masses there. I am wondering if I should continue to press my doctor on the subject, or if the negative test results ruled out anything serious from the painful areas.

brcansur responded:
Hello and welcome., First I would say male or female 80% of masses we find are not cancer so that is a great thing. Now to answer your question if you are still feeling the pain and the masses and don't feel comfortable with the answers you are getting then maybe you should ask more and or see someone that works with just breast issues. Like a breast care center I know that sounds odd being that you are a male but they know what to be looking for and how to check if there is anything going on. Sometime others miss little things that if your eye isn't trained or used to looking for just doesn't see it. Or for that second person to tell you that there is nothing bad going on and to ease your mond it could just be changes your body is going through muscle pain tissues changes from working out lifting things ect ect ect... But don't just sit back and keep worrying about it because that can make you sick in may ways and you don't need more worry and or illness to come on. I wish you all the best good luck and please do feel free to come back any time and ask questions or just chat to let us know how you are doing and what you may find out. Have a great day Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center