going on arimidex
Sinrose50 posted:
Hi.
I've just become cancer free thru a needle biopsy..was 6mm
and a biopsy on my lymphs were all clear. Within the next week I'm to go for a radiation consultation. That does not worry me to much. I also will be seeing someone on the Hormone therapy treatment. The one I will be on is called arimidex. I don't know if I'm going to take this with all the side effects I read. I'd like to just do the radiation. I don't want to deal with all the side effects at age 62.. I'm enjoying life as is. Then if I go on this for five years with all the side effects I'll be 67 . Were you on this? How was it for you.............

jenna291 responded:
Hi Sinrose, I was on Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years after chemo, then when I was period free for 3 years, I was put on the Arimidex. I have been on it now for almost 3 years, and my oncologist wants me on it for 5 years. (total meds 7 years). I do have occasional bone pain, particularly in my legs, and I find walking and keeping moving a great help. I have occasional headaches, but I don't know if that is from the pill or just being more sensitive to things since chemo. Seems like many women I speak with have more sinus issues than before treatment
This is a really personal issue you will have to decide for yourself. For me, I felt the positives outweighed the negatives, but I know some folks have a more difficult time with others.
Discuss the pros and cons with your docs, and let us know what you decide. If you have any questions, I am sure someone here will be able to help.
best to you ~
Jenna

vajanie replied to jenna291's response:
Hi,
I too am struggling with this decision. I'm glad you posted your question, Sinrose, and hope to hear from others who chose to take it or not. I've done research until I'm sick of it. I have the bottle of medicine in my cabinet but just can't seem to take the first pill. My oncologist was quite adamant about my taking it until I saw him last January. As he was getting ready to finish with me, he commented that the Arimidex might be of some small benefit to me, but maybe not. I am classified as triple negative but am 10% ER positive. I am Stage 3, with a very high proliferation index score 93%.
Sinrose, I'm so glad to hear that you're now cancer free. Good luck with your decision and best to all.

Janie

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)