Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Maybe be missing for a few days Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies just wanted to let you all know a head of time that I maybe missing for a few days due to Kaiden haveing surgery on Wed the 13. I will come on as soon as I get a chance to let you all know how he is doing and how I am doing. But do to him and his recovery I may not be on for a few days taking care of him and all. I am also asking for your prayers and well wishes for his surgery to go well it is at 8:30 am we have to be to the hospital at 6 am I am now starting to let the nerves get the better of me more so then when it is me going in. I hate when little ones go in for anything because they can't tell you what hurts or if anything is wrong. Well That is all for now I will come on as soon as I can please wish him luck and maybe even light a candle for him with your prayers that all goes well thank you all so much for always being here. have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Both Kaiden and you have my prayers and best wishes!

What is the surgery for? How long will he be in the hospital? Do you have support from others during this period?

You both will be in my heart!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Thank you so very much for all your well wishes and concern it means so very much to me and makes me feel so much better knowing your thoughts and prayers will be with us. Oh I am sorry he is haveing surgery for a issue he was born with his urinary track is to short so they have to make it longer I don't know how to say or spell the name of the condition right off the top of my head. It is a 2 -4 hour surgery. They are also going to check and make sure the hernia he had has corrected it self as it has appeared to have done. If not then they will fix that also. He is supposed to come home later in the day I don't know how they can do that same day surgery with a baby but that is what they are doing. He has to have a cath in for 2 weeks and then they check to see if he has healed enough to take it out. It isn't going to be an easy or fun 2 weeks for any of us and mostly not him he is just starting to get around pretty good and now he is going to have to stay calm. Not going to be fun at all I will keep you posted and let you know how he does as soon as things calm down enough for me to get on line for a few. Right now just getting things set up for him for right after making his friut and juice pops and getting a spot ready for him to lay down in the livingroom all the things that have to be ready before we leave in the am. So not trying to do it as we get him home and then have to scamble. Well need to get more done while he is still at daycare will talk again soon thank you again for the prayers and well wishes have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, sorry about the surgery for Kaiden. So stressful when its a little one!
My son had a problem in his urinary tract that should have been caught as an infant but wasn't. He had an exra vein which blocked urine from completely flowing and gave him discomfort. We rushed him to the er when he was 16 with stomach pain and it turned out to be a vein in his kidney. They had to remove it and put in a stint, then remove it after 4 weeks. He spent 3 nights in Childrens Hospital but he had no problems after that.
I understand it is always better to catch things when they are babies. Supposedly an ultrasound when I was pregnant should have shown the issue but didn't. Now I think back on how many times we changed his formula when he was little because he had a lot of stomach aches and it makes me crazy!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery for the little guy!
Remember to take care of you too!

much love,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Yes it is very hard when it is a little one and then in this area of his body is making it even harder. We have to keep him from laying on his tummy or playing on his tummy no crawling or anything like that. No sitting on his riding toys it isn't easy at all. There can't be anything going between his legs for a while his car seat has to be very lose when we do take him to his doctors appt. Try keeping a boy that just started getting around calm not very fun at all. Then we had a set back the day after his surgery with the dressing on it splitting open and having to take him in to get it changed but not for 2 days because no one called the doctor till we called his cells number ourselfs. His office hadn't called him about it so he wasn't to happy with his staff and meet us off hours to fix the dressing and he told us to just call his cell from now on. We took him back in today to get it changed again and he is doing well everything is healing good. we have to call again in the morning to let the doctor know how everything looks and go from there. he still has the cath in for now. So now everything is calming down and Kaiden is doing much better starting to get silly and want to play more. Some of the silly is due to the pain meds and some just him. Well I am going to get going for now will keep you up dated have a great day hope you don't get the storm we are getting snow ice and rain not nice schools are closed and roads are not good. Was nasty going out to the doctors this am. Stay warm and safe angel hugs Roberta, P.S. Bring spring on please
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, shame on that staff for not informing the doctor about Kaiden's dressing. He could have gotten a bad infection. That is truly unprofessional.

I have my mammogram apt tomorrow so I am nervous today, trying not to think about it. I never feel good after those anyway, since it missed my initial tumor. UUGGG. But, we have to do these things. I know its important. Maybe some day there will be a better, more efficient screening method, hopefully in our lifetime. I do think age 50 is too late for a mammo to start. I have a daughter and I hope she starts early with my history.

Well, have a great night. Starting to snow a bit, spring is taking its time, for sure!

hugs,
Jenna

Shell1007 replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna, congrats on you 6 yr anniversary yesterday !
Spring, really? It snowed & hailed in parts of Wa state yesterday & today. Go figure.
I know what you mean about the mammogram anxiety. I had an Onco check up & they found a tender spot (tender is putting it mildly, when she hit that spot, I just about came off the table) on my left breast-the side which I had lumpectomy, So now Tues I will be having diagnostic mamm & ultrasound.
Sending good thoughts & prayers to you tomorrow
Shell

jenna291 replied to Shell1007's response:
Shell, thank you for your well wishes. I had a gratefully felt "negative" mammogram today - whew! I get so nervous, probably always will....
I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and wishing you a "negative" result as well.
blessings and hugs,
Jenna

vajanie replied to jenna291's response:
Shell and Jenna,

Jenna, I'm so glad you had a negative mammogram. I'm sure that there is a lot of anxiety with each one. I haven't had one yet since THE one, that showed bc. But you've reached your six year anniversary and I think that's a huge step.
Shell, I'll send you thoughts and prayers also on your upcoming tests. I agree that 50 is too late to wait for mammograms. I have a daughter too, age 43, I'm looking into genetic testing, haven't gotten too far with the process but I'm interested in it for her sake.
Best to all,

Janie

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I am so happy for you and the great neg mammo yaaa!!!!!
Now we just have to wait for Shell and then have a big Neg party lol.lol.!!! Boy I hate the waiting for the results when we go for our test it sucks. But it sure is good when we find out we worried for nothing AGAIN !! lol.lol.
Now about Kaiden and that staff that got a good what for and what not from the doctor I am sure. Kaiden is not a happy camper right now he is feeling the whole thing now and it is getting to him a lot more. He is very fussy and just wants to get everything off and out of him. He still has the cath and that dressing on plus has had to have the dressing changed 3 times already since the 13. So just think each time how that must feel for him and the trama of it all for such a little guy. I feel so bad that he is going through all of this. Then he likes to sleep on his tummy and he can't yet and he can't play and crawl on the floor because he can't be on his tummy. It is so hard right now because he wants to do so much and it hurts when he does. You can tell because he tries to push that area or goes to grab it and we are stopping him so he doesn't hurt himself or pull everything apart out the cath out. We talked to the doctor this am he said the cath will most likely come out on Tues and the dressing might also come off then if everything looks good and is healed enough for that. I just want him to be comfortable and be able to sleep and play like himself, like a little boy should be doing. He hasn't slept good since surgery on the 13 poor little guy needs some good sleep. So that is what is going on so far the doctor has been great through all of this.
Oh how are you likeing our nice spring weather snow and ice and more snow lol.lol I know lovely isn't it Just what we asked for our first day of spring a snow storm that brings ice along with it and lasts for 3 days. lol.lol. Stay warm and safe have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to Shell1007's response:
Shell,
Hello I will be sending loads of angel hugs and good luck wishes for your mammo on tues to come back all good nothing there to worry about just a big NEG !!! Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Shell1007 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, Jenna & Janie,
Thank you for all the well wishes for my mamm on Tues.
I am a little more freaked out this time....imagine that !
Dr said that normally cysts cause pain & not cancer. But of course I did a little reading, and found that is not always the case. We shall see.
Roberta, poor little Kaiden It has to be especially miserable for him because he wants to be on the move. I hope he starts feeling better soon !
On a happier note, our youngest son graduated college today, he busted his buns & finished a quarter early. Yes, we are very proud of him.
I hope everybody has a great weekend & gets a little Sunshine like we had here today.( Even though it snowed yesterday) Crazy Mother Nature!!
Take care,
Shell

vajanie replied to Shell1007's response:
Hi Roberta, Shell and Jenna,

Well, Crazy Mother Nature is in Virginia. As I sit here, it is pouring ice. We were supposed to have rain. So much for my poor daffodils. .
Shell, I know how proud of your son, and good for him. I think it's quite an accomplishment to help a child through successful adolescence and see him or her graduate college. Also my husband says it's the biggest raise we ever get. And again, thinking of you on Tuesday and hoping so much for good news.
Roberta, I think about you and little Kaiden so much. I know it doesn't work this way, but it just doesn't seem fair that little ones should suffer like this. I'm just so sorry that he's so uncomfortable and I'm sure it's a 24 hour a day job caring for him, making sure he doesn't hurt himself. Hugs to you.
Well, as I typed this it has changed from pouring ice to pouring snow. What typically happens here with a late spring like this is that after this cold week it will suddenly be 82 degrees the next. I like things to happen more gradually.
Best to all of you,
Janie

brcansur replied to Shell1007's response:
Shell,
Oh it must be so NICE TO HAVE SUNSHINE !!! Sure rub it in too !!! lol.lol. I can only wish dream and hope for that here See the tears running down my face crying and wishing so hard for that sun lol.lol. No we had more SNOW !!! I just want spring !!!
OK I AM DONE NOW !!!lol.lol.lol
I am so happy for you must be very happy and proud to have your son graduate college and early at that. That is a great feeling when your child does something like that and to know they have gone on to become a grown up in your case a man now. Now me if I was there I would have been crying like a baby if it was my son. Just from being so very proud of him and then knowing o my god he isn't a baby any more he is all grown up now he is a man now !! Wow how they grow up so fast and now he is out of school and what happens now that is why I would be crying. Oh I am sorry hope I didn't get you crying now lol.lol. I am just one of those emotional people.
About Kaiden we go to see the doctor on tuesday and hopefully he gets the cath out and that second skin tpye dressing off. Then we see what he wants to do from there and if he can be a little more active now. He did say when we called Sat morning that we can let him play on the floor and crawl a little but not to let him drag himself to much. So that was some good news and Kaiden had some fun playing with his toys and crawling around for a while. He also said if he rolls over onto his tummy just make sure we have some padding under him and it should be ok. That is a big one because he likes to sleep on his tummy and we had a hard time keeping him on his back.So he slept better last night. Plus he refilled his pain meds till he sees him Tues because of the healing and pain he is in he said the little guy has been through a lot the past 10 days and needs it. So we are doing better and hanging in there. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
Thank you so much for your kind words and all for Kaiden and I. Kaiden is doing better when we talked to the doctor Sat he said we could let him play on the floor and crawl some as long as he doesn't drag himself to much. He can also sleep on his tummy if he happens to roll over in the night. That is a big help because we were having a hard time trying to keep him on his back. He is a tummy sleeper and didn't sleep well on his back. He slept much better last night and had fun playing on the floor with his toys during the day and today also. So getting better we go Tues to see the doctor and hopefully he gets the cath out and dressing off. We shall see I will keep you posted.
Oh we have been getting snow and ice here also lovely first day of spring we had a strom of snow rain and ice and hasn't stopped since. Hopefully it will soon and we will get spring weather. Well have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center