Skip to content
Maybe be missing for a few days Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies just wanted to let you all know a head of time that I maybe missing for a few days due to Kaiden haveing surgery on Wed the 13. I will come on as soon as I get a chance to let you all know how he is doing and how I am doing. But do to him and his recovery I may not be on for a few days taking care of him and all. I am also asking for your prayers and well wishes for his surgery to go well it is at 8:30 am we have to be to the hospital at 6 am I am now starting to let the nerves get the better of me more so then when it is me going in. I hate when little ones go in for anything because they can't tell you what hurts or if anything is wrong. Well That is all for now I will come on as soon as I can please wish him luck and maybe even light a candle for him with your prayers that all goes well thank you all so much for always being here. have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

vajanie responded:
Oh, Roberta, I'm so sorry that Kaiden has to have this surgery. You're right, it's so distressing when one so small has an illness or needs surgery. It's a helpless feeling when they can't let you know if anything is wrong. I will of course send prayers and good wishes for his recovery.

You probably don't know the extent to which you've helped me through my own battles, with your good practical advice and knowledge, and especially your humor. I will light a candle for both of you.

Janie

1214bjy replied to vajanie's response:
Roberta,

Sending you and Kaiden big prayers and big hugs!!!

Thanks for all you do,
Billie

brcansur replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
Thank you so very much for all your kind words and prayers It was a very long hard day but we made it through. Thank you also for lighting a candle for us that was so kind and sweet of you I am sure that all the good wishes and prayers it what got us through the day. Now to get through the recovery. I can tell it hurts him when we move him or change his diaper he shakes it breaks my heart everytime we have to change him. So now I try to wait till after giving him his pian meds if I can. The doctor said the pain should be better in a few days. The surgery went well took 3 hours but he did well and is doing pretty good today. We didn't get home till 7 pm and went to bed early with him. Will keep you posted thank again for everything. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to 1214bjy's response:
Billie,
Thank you so much we could feel the care from everyone and the prayers I am sure is what got us through the day and last night. His surgery went well got home at 7 and went to bed shortly after so worn out from the long day. He is in some pain can tell when changeing him or move him he starts shaking and crying but other then that he is doing very good and calm. Just wants to be held and cuddle all the time and we are doing that with no problems Hey if that is the worst he does we can handle that we love to cuddle. Well need to get going will keep you posted have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur responded:
Hello all surgery went well took 3 hours and 100 stitches later but everything came out the way the doctor wanted it too. No problems he said it was like cutting a diamond very careful and slow. He does his surgeries all like this he is a perfectionist and that is what we liked about him he does a lot of these surgeries on babies also so we knew we are in good hands. He even gave us his cell number to call him at home at night and we have to call him over the weekend to let him know how everything looks. Now this is a good doctor he even said if he has to he will come to the house or meet at his office to check his dressing on Sat. We didn't get home till 7 p.m. due to he didn't want to pee plus he got a little temp of 100 so had to wait for the temp to go back down and for him to get a wet diaper. Got home and got Kaiden all settled and we all went to bed early after a long day. He had a pretty good night up a few times gave him his pain meds and back to sleep he went. Today not to bad just a little fussy but we expected that due to meds from surgery wearing off and pain. But still not bad for all he had done he is one strong little boy. We are all gett set up to take a nap now very tired from the long day and night. Will keep you all posted on his recovery. Thank you all for your well wishes and support as always. have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

vajanie replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I'm so glad that the surgery was successful, it sounds like Kaiden had a wonderful, caring surgeon. I'm amazed that he gave you his cell number and offered to come to your home on Saturday. That's some doctor.
I hope by now that his pain has lessened, I hate for little ones to feel any pain. I've been praying for Kaiden and all of you, will be so glad when this is behind you. I hope you're able to get some rest. I'll be thinking of you.

Janie

kiwiallright responded:
Hi Roberta,

I am glad that all went well and that you are doing well.

Cheers

Mary

brcansur responded:
Hello all so sorry have not been on to let you all know what is going on. I tried a few day s ago but it didn't post so gave up when Kaiden woke from nap fussy. We have had a few set backs with him his dressing decided to split a little on thurs then more on fri. I called the office thurs and they said to just keep it dry so we did. Well it split even more by fri morning and we called back and heard nothing from them by afternoon so called again and still nothing. That is when we called the doctors cell number he gave us. This is the first he had heard about any of this and wasn't happy he had us call him back at 5 about 2 hours later due to still in office in another city and had a meeting to go to.When we called him back he said to meet him at his office by our house in 20 min we did he took one look at Kaidens dressing and said it had to be changed now. He did that and now he is good. He said other then neededing to be changed and dry he is doing great everything looked really good. he is healing like he should be and to call him in the morning and if he needs to change it everyday he will. We have called him each day his cell and he went back today to get it changed again and he is doing well everything is healing good and it looks much better. The swelling is down and the dressing is staying the way it should now. We call him back in the morning to let him know how everything is looking and go from there. The dressing is very important in this kind of surgery it is like a second skin very tight to keep the swelling down and to keep it dry. It is like a sauceage skin over his little penis that is what it looks like to me any way. So now things are calming down and he is in less pain also but still can't get down and play and crawl around . So we are doing our best to keep him busy without being on his belly or hitting that area. I will keep you all up dated as soon as I can when things change and thank you so much for all your best wishes and prayers. angel hugs to you all Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
So glad to hear from you and thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes. Hope you are doing well and that your seeds are growing well for you to get into your garden very soon that is if this weather ever turns to spring for us all. I really want to see some pretty flwoers growing and to get my hands into that dirt my self. So I can get my flowers growing and my veggies in the ground. I can almost see all the seedlings growing big and strong for you and you just as proud as can be taking care of them all everyday now till you can get them outside. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
HI Roberta,

I have been busy with my seedlings, last week I transplanted my petunia seedlings to six pack and truly I believe I have close to six petunia hundred plants - I have never had this many germinate, only thing I am made about are my impatiens, they did not do as well. We have been having some nice weather, I look at all my flowerbeds and go, will work on them next month. I also have lots of lobelia - and tomatoes plants growing also, could kick myself as I forgot to order marigolds, oh well, will look around at one of the nurseries.

Take care and hope all is well and Kadien is improving.

Cheers

Mary

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
Wow that is a lot of petunias it sounds like you are going to have a lot of planting to do and some very pretty flwoer beds around your house this spring when it finally does get here. I have my rose garden and I planted some plants that come up every year out front am planing on doing more this year around the side of the house and the back. Then my veggies I am going to hope to get that going again this year have to start from the beginning dig it all up and start over since I didn't have one last year it all got over grown. But that will be ok because I plan on making it bigger this year with a one year old in the house that loves to eat veggies will need more of everything lol.lol. Well have fun with those seedlings and planting them soon hopefully. Kaiden is up and wants to play have to keep him busy and off his tummy lots of fun his wants to crawl all over everything. Plus pull up on things and climb on things and he can't do any of these things right now just sit and play never really thought about how hard this was going to be with him but it really is hard he gets pretty mad. Will chat again soon have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur responded:
Hello everyone, Here is the up date Kaiden got the cath out Tues and the dressing is off also. He is doing well still can't let him crawl around much only for a few min each day do to hitting the area. He can get down on floor and play now as long as we watch him and make sure he doesn't hit or bump area and stays on his bottom. He loves this but he can't go back daycare yet so home with me all week still. So I will be taking naps again when he does lol.lol. That is why I am not on line much right now very busy with little guy for now. He is healing well and feeling less pain so taking less pain meds mainly after his play time on the floor he tends to be in some pain and after his bath time. Oh ya we have to bath him and wash that area once everyday he love the bath but not the washing that area part. Those are the two times a day he takes the pain meds and is a little worn out after but they are both around the times we put him down after one is before his afternoon nap the other before bed at night. so it works out good both times we planed it that way lol.lol. So as you can see Kaiden is doing well and I am doing good just getting a little tired not used to all of this but it is getting better. Now that the cath and dressing are gone much better. Plus if the weather gets better we can go outside for walk's that will help keep him busy during the day to till he can go back to daycare or crawl and play like he is used to doing. Well that is all for now I will keep you up dated have a great day angel hugs Roberta Kaiden send hugs and kisses.
Roberta

vajanie replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta,
It's wonderful news that Kaiden is doing better. I especially was distressed at the idea of a little one having a catheter, so am so glad that that's gone, and he's in less pain. I wish you well and hope you're able to get adequate sleep. I think you're Super Woman.
Hope your weather is steadily getting better. We're to have highs in the 60's this weekend, wonderful since the kids are coming home for their Dad's birthday. Then I think it's back to winter the following week. Fortunately most of our flowering trees have had the good sense not to bloom yet, but I'm betting the warmer weather weather this weekend will bring them out. My poor daffodils managed to push out two blooms this year, them they just drooped over and gave up. Well, spring is bound to come sometime.
Take care of yourself, I'll be thinking of you.

Janie

brcansur replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
Thank you so much for your kind words Kaiden is doing much better and had a great easter. He got a Tanka Truck and a little foot ball with easter cars instead of eggs for easter. Plus some little dogs with spots that wash off in the tub he loved everything and had a blast eatting the most. You know how that goes kids love food more then anything. We know he is doing better when he sits up in his chair and wants to eat then gets mad when he is all done. Oh he got so mad when there wasn't any more fruit salad for him because we didn't want him getting sick plus because of the surgery he can't have to much of it in one day. So we gave him something else not good enough lol.lol. We knew he was feeling much better lol. Yes he is doing so much better with everything out and being his playful little self. Still not supposed to be crawling around much on his tummy or on riding toys but we let him sit and play and he loves that.
About spring and the flowers here not so much we are getting snow and wind here today and calling for more tomorrow. We have a few inches of it after it all melted now it is back. So I am hoping and dreaming that spring will come and I will see flowers and trees bud soon. Please send spring my way Other then that we are all doing well and had a great easter weekend just waiting for spring to get outside and play in the dirt and get the garden going. have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center