Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it really March
mark918 posted:
Hello all my old and new friends. I am here to report on my "BW". I can't believe that it has been 6 months since iI have been here.

She survived the chemo without a problem, got through the radiation, we made it through the holidays, put winter behind us (I HOPE) and had her first visit with a plastic surgeon. At the end of the month she has a PTScan and, oh ya, she had her first mammo since this all started almost 18 months ago.

It has been a wild ride for her and I truely feel for anyone, and thier families, who has/have to go through this. My wife had a great support system besides me and it has taken everything we had to help her battle this. I don't know how my wife or I would have done it with all the help we got and I feel bad for those that don't have the support. I pray for you all and think about how lucky I am to have her here with me and for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone, here and everywhere.

Sorry for the little tangent, "BW" still has not decided if she wants to have any reconstruction but she does have another appointment with the plastic surgeon in November. I told her whatever she wants is what I want for her. She still has bad days where she says she doesn't feel whole but I try to tell her she seems to me all there to me. LOL

Again I just want to thank everyone hear and know that I/we think of the beautiful community often and I/we will be looking in often.

brcansur responded:
Mark,
Hello to you and your BW it is so nice to hear from you and know that all is well. Glad to hear that your BW has gotten through everything and is doing well and looking forward to moving on. The deciding if she wants the reconstructions or not can take a while I waited a year before I decided to have mine done and the only reason I did have it was because I had a reaction to my fake boobs lol.lol. But you know what she may not decide for a long time or even change her mind a few times I did it isn't an easy one to make there are a lot of things that come with that choice. Not all just the looks of them either it is emotional very emotional to decide then have it done or not have it done. We are always going through different emotions after cancer. There are a lot of changes going on within us things we have to get used to everyday it takes time. I know it is now 5 years for me this month and I still have days that something makes me stop and just think boy how thing have changed. Or how I have chnged since all of this has happened I see things a lot diiferent now for the better I feel but different.
I am so very proud of you that you are still very much a part of this and standing strong by her side you are one heck of a man and Husband !! Keep up the great work and know that we need more like you and I thank you for all that you do for your BW. Have a great day and please remember to take time to breath and relax angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
Mark, despite the fact I have, for the most part, absented myself from these boards, I, nonetheless, do peek in from time to time. When I saw your post, I had to reply and thank you for the update...And, of course, congratulate your BW on doing well!

As far as reconstruction, it is well she is keeping her options open until she reaches a place where she feels sure of her choice.

Know that I continue to keep you both in my thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Hello Mark, I am so glad to hear your updated on your BW. Amazing that 6 months has past!
It is so wonderful that you have stood beside her thru this. Support is so key to finding the energy to fight the battle.
BW will decide when it is right for her to have the reconstruction. For now, hopefully you all can get back to some kind of "normal"and enjoy life!!!

best to you always!
Jenna

judyfams replied to jenna291's response:
Mark,
It is so good to hear from you. You were so diligent about posting when yiur BWwas going through treatment.
It's wonderful to get updates on friends, and I'm so happy that you both have come thriugh the Bc journey so well - it's a testament to the true love you both have for each other.
Let us know what your BW decides to do about reconstruction. It can be done at any time - so she doesn't have to feel pressured to make her decision.
Good luck to both of you.
Judy

vajanie replied to judyfams's response:
Hi Mark,

You're my idea of a loving and caring husband. I'm fairly new here and hadn't seen any of your posts but just wanted to say that I'm so glad that you and your BW have come through this battle and that you've been with her through it all and that you have such a good support system.

I know that the decision about reconstruction is a very difficult and personal choice, and the fact that you're fine with her decision either way speaks volumes about your love and devotion.

Sending good wishes to you both,

Janie

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center