Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breast cyst
twinnmama posted:
Hi I am new to this site. I recently had a mammo and ultrasound of the breast. the mammo came back normal however my doc office called today to say i need to make a folllow up apt to discuss my u/s results. all they told me was they found a cyst, I have had fibrous cysts before which needed no follow up. does nayone know if they do follow up apts for simple cysts or is it most likley something more. I dont want to wste my time going if its just a simple cyst but I didnt think they did follow up apts for simple cysts since theres nothing to do with a simple cyst. if anyone know or has advice it would be appreciated . thanks

smillsbc responded:
Hi twinnmama, I read your post with much interest since the same thing is happening to me! At first I was told everything was fine and that I had a simple cyst which needed to be aspirated. I specifically asked if all was well and was told yes. Then I get this phone call from my doctor's office saying that I am going to have to give them a tissue sample instead. I will go on Monday to have the procedure. Needless to say, I am now worried as to what this all means! I was told that a 2nd radiologist thinks my "spot" looks "suspicious". Sounds like we are in the same boat, I'm afraid.

jenna291 replied to smillsbc's response:
twinmama, I think they just want to be cautious and be sure it is nothing more, particularly where you have had fibroid cysts before. It is better to learn now if something is wrong, rather than wait, however, good chance it is just a precautionary step.

Wish you well and will anxiously await an update ~
Jenna

twinnmama replied to smillsbc's response:
I went today and they did a needle biopsy. they said i had a complex cyst and shold get the results by friday so /I will let you know. ITs crazy cause my twins sister has the exact same thing and is going for her biopsy wed.

twinnmama replied to jenna291's response:
had my biospy today and will get my results by friday so I will let you know
thanks

vajanie replied to twinnmama's response:
Hi, wanted to wish you a good report on Friday, you have many people here wishing you the best. I agree that they are being cautious about this and that's a good thing.
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Janie

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center