Skip to content
EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT
lisa916 posted:
IM 48 YRS I'VE BEEN HAVING SWELLING AND REDNESS , MY NIPPLE IS INVERTED AND NO MEDICAL COVERAGE UNTIL TODAY I'VE WAS APPROVED FOR COVERAGE FOR LOW INCOME SERVICES ...I WAS TURNED AWAY FROM EMERGENCY ROOM AFTER ULTRA SOUND AND TOLD IT COULD BE CANCER HOW EVER FURTHER TEST ARE NEEDED TO BE POSITIVE IVE BEEN DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO GET MY COVERAGE THE PAST 2 WEEKS THEN CALL A NUMBER THAT SUPPOSE TO BE MY PRIMARY DOCTOR TO BE TOLD I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET A APPOINTMENT UNTIL END OF APRIL ANOTHER MONTH AWAY ...IVE BEEN ON LINE RESEARCHING AND CAME ACROSS THIS SITE I GUESS IM VENTING FEELING WORRIED CONFUSED AND A LOT OF PAIN AND DISCOMFORT I THINK MY ONLY CHOICE IS TO GO TO ANOTHER EMERGENCY ROOM AND START THERE ...I GUESS IM LOOKING FOR ADVISE THE SWELLING AND PAIN IS GETTING TO ME I MAY NOT BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE HERE HOW EVER HOLDING IT ALL IN IS MAKING THE SITUATION MORE EMOTIONAL ....ADVISE PLEASE IM LOST

vajanie responded:
Lisa,
I don't know if it helps but I am so sorry for your situation. This just shouldn't be happening, you need to see a doctor now. I feel so helpless in these matters because I'm not able to give you practical advice on how to make that happen. I suppose that if I had this problem, I would do what you are doing, keep calling and knocking on doors until you can find someone who recognizes that you must be seen. I think too that I would go to another emergency room, and hope that someone there will order further tests.
I certainly hope that this turns out not to be bc, that you find a compassionate doctor to help you find out what's going on. Please come here to vent any time, I've found it very helpful.
I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

Janie

vajanie replied to vajanie's response:
Lisa,
I forgot to add something important,one of the ladies who posts on this site, recently advised someone to check under the "Tips" site on the right side of this page for some advice on financial help for those without insurance. You may find some helpful resources. Good luck.

Janie

brcansur responded:
Lisa,
hello and welcome sorry you are haveing troubles but glad you found us please feel free to come back any time and ask away or vent what ever you need. Now about that breast issue and the doctors well I agree you need to be seen soon and you are doing just what I did and would do if I were you. Now do you have an Urgent care in your area sometimes they will see you when an ER wont and it is cheaper then an ER also. If there is an Urgent care in the same place as the primary doctor you are going to be seeing even better then if they find anything be it a cyst or infection they can get you in to that doctor faster. I am hoping and wishing it is nothing but if it is just something that can be treated and gone in days. best of luck to you and know that you are doing everything that you should be doing so just keep up the great job and stay strong and postive. Hang in there I know it gets hard some days with medical people and trying to get things worked out but it will work out just fine just don't give up keep pushing because someone will see you. You just have to speak up for your self and keep asking till that one person says yes and you get looked at. I am here for you also if you have any questions best of luck to you and please do come back to let us know how you are doing and what you find out. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

ritrit123 replied to brcansur's response:
am 22...had redness on one breast which turned into a mildly itchy rash within 2 days... now the itching and raised rash thing is gone but redness is still there. its been two weeks since the redness first came. should i be worried?

ritrit123 replied to ritrit123's response:
and also have some peeling / flaking on that area now

lisa916 replied to vajanie's response:
thank you for your reply ....I was approved for medical coverage and will be going in on monday day after easter

lisa916 replied to brcansur's response:
thank you for helpful kindness ...i was approved for coverage and going back to emergency room monday first thing in morning

brcansur replied to lisa916's response:
Lisa,
I am so happy you got coverage and hope that everything has worked out for you and that you got checked out by someone be it the Er or and Urgent care center just someone. Please let us know how you are doing and what you find out we will be thinking about you and sending all good wishes your way. Best of luck and sending loads of angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Lisa, so happy you got coverage! That is really great.
I will be looking for your update.

hugs,
Jenna

lisa916 responded:
Its been a whyle since I've came back here and updated my situation .How ever turns out I've got breast cancer in a rare case its called (I.B.C.) inflammatory breast cancer I've I've been in hospital for a week a few days after posting here the last time and have started chemo treatments and in the time of me waiting to get medical coverage and getting on Ssi my cancer rapidly spread and now is in my bones I've lost my from chemo and down to my last few treatments of :chemo and getting ready to start radiation kind of scares me because of the side effects .some days are easy most are painful due to the cancer in my bones. If I new of any person whom questions a change in the look of the breast and it does get back to normal within a week mostly after seeing a doctor look quickly into it (I.B.C.) cannot be detected in a mammogram or ultra sound in early stages that are most important by the time it is detected in these manners it is later stages like I've experienced even a small discoloration that may not feel any lump or pain is important to be looked into by doctors this type of cancer sometimes is mistaken as a breast infection and it spreads so rapidly within hours and days. I have found a lot of information on researching on line this is a aggressive cancer very painful I'm taking it day by day and keeping hope I will soon also be having a double massectomy when my treatments have killed more cancer cells . Also I'll add this cancer doesn't grow in a mass it grows like a vine in the body from my understanding with cancer cells through the vine and this is why its harder to detect . I go for my first radiation appointment to discuss how it works next week the burns I've heard it causes worrys me I'm a very fair scanned person and I burn easy even in sunlight if anyone can give me their experience with this type of treatment I would like to here from you and those who have shared their kind word and info here with me I thank you so much and godbless everyone whom is experienced or dealing with a illness always keep hope and faith

rachael67 replied to lisa916's response:
Lisa, I am sorry to hear your report. Would that it had been better news. Over the years we have had several members who had to deal with the same beast (IBC) you now face. Due to the changes WebMD made along the way and life itself, I don't think any of those member still post here. I do recall, however, that one member seemed to find much information and help on http://www.ibcresearch.org/ If you have not as yet gone to that site, it might be a good cone to check.

Also, I am hoping that perhaps some of the other members I spoke of may peek in here from time to time and offer you some insight.

In the meantime, please know you will be in my thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

lisa916 responded:
ITS BEEN ANOTHER LONG STRETCH OF TIME GONE BY SINCE I WAS HERE LAST SO IM LEAVING A UPDATE OF WHAT HAS HAPPEN SINCE THE LAST TIME I WAS HERE IVE HAD ANOTHER HOSPITAL STAY MY CANCER (IBC) HAS SPREAD TO MY BONES EVEN THOUGH IVE DONE MY CHEMO AND IT WAS EFFECTIVE AS FAR AS ANY MASS TUMORS IN MY BODY AND HAVE HAD RADIATION FOR 10 DAYS AS WELL BECAUSE OF CANCER IN MY SPINE THE DOCTOR HAS STOPPED CHEMO AFTER MY LAST TREATMENT I BECAME VERY SICK FEELING WEAK UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT BECOMING EXHAUSTED AND NO ENERGY I HAD NO IMMUNE SYSTEM AND IT TOOK A WEEK IN HOSPITAL TO REGISTER SO MY CANCER ISNT CURABLE HOW EVER TREATABLE IVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE TREATMENTS FOE MY HEART AND BONES THROUGH MY PORT EVERY 3 AND 6 WEEKS IM STARTING TO HAVE PAIN AROUND MY RIBS AND THE PAIN IN MY BACK IS GETTING WORSE EVEN AFTER RADIATION FEELING WORRIED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW OUR OWN AND FEEL WHEN SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT I GO FOR A CT SCAN IN THE MORNING AND FEEL THE OUT COME ISNT GOING TO BE GOOD NEWS IM STARTING TO FEEL AND ASK MYSELF IS THIS IT ? IS THIS WHAT IS GOING TO END UP TAKING MY LIFE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS OR MAYBE SOONER ??? EVEN THOUGH I CAN SEEM TO MOVE AROUND LONGER THAN I COULD BEFORE THE PAIN IN MY BACK IS BECOMING CONSISTENT AND STRONGER AND IF ITS NOT CURABLE AND ONLY TREATABLE WHAT POSITIVE CAN I MAKE OF THAT I SEARCH FOR ANSWERS TO FIND POSITIVE JUST SOMETHING I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO AND YET TO FIND MY ANSWER SINCE MY DIAGNOSES LIVED BY THE SAYING( (IVE GOT CANCER ...CANCER DONT HAVE ME) ) STARTING TO FEEL DOUBTFUL ABOUT THAT NOW JUST HAVE TO SEE WHAT THE OUT COME IS AFTER CT SCAN IN MORNING AND TAKE IT DAY TO DAY MAKING THE BEST OF MY DAY THAT I CAN ILL KEEP YOU INFORMED AND I THANK THOSE WHOM HAVE FALLOWED MY SITUATION AND GIVING ME THE KIND WORDS IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME

rachael67 replied to lisa916's response:
Aw, Lisa, I am so very sorry to learn of this latest setback! Your taking it day by day is perhaps the best approach, but I cannot imagine both the physical and the emotional drain this is on you. I do hope you have a strong support system around you now and always.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing. And know you will be in my prayers and in my heart.

Gentle hugs,
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center