Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
post surgery pain
pat0507 posted:
It has been 10 years since my mastectomy, radiation and chemo. I have in the past few months began to have pain at the surgical site, it feels like a burning sensation and is tender to the touch. Any one with any thoughts would be helpful as I have lost my medical insurance coverage

MEO999 responded:
I was diagnosed last week. Starting chemo next week. Talking with surgeon next week. Also, radiation upcoming. You said that you survived 10 years. What stage were you when you were diagnosed? Please let me know. I'm trying to figure out if I am too far gone to go into all this treatment.

cindy12345678 replied to MEO999's response:
Hi, I am not pat , but I am annother survivor. I was st3 with
2 differnt kinds of BC. I think the prize is worth the fight.
I am 2 1/2 yrs now. I did chemo first then I had Bi-mast.
I didn't have rads. :You have to make your own decisions,
but I wanted to live.
Stay strong in your fight!
Cindy

brcansur responded:
Pat,
Hello sorry I didn't answer sooner I just seen this post and thought I would let you know my storie of red swoolen breast after surgery. I woke one morning 4 years after my reconstruction with a very red swooleen and warm tender breast. Called doctor had it checked he thought it was a spider bite gave me antibiotics and recheck in 1 week. Well it got redder more swollen and very tender so had an ultrasound done then thought implant was leaking so ordered an MRI. After that order surgery right away to remove implant due to leak. Ok I have saline implants so I went to my breast care doctor and he said if leaking it would be flat not swollen. But had the surgery to find out what was going on and remove implant. It was not leaking I was filled with fluid due to staff infection and they are not sure from what. It could be from a spider bite or from when I got the implants put in 4 years before. I really never did see a mark from a bite but really don't know either what caused it and was on I.V anitbiotics for a day in hospital then another kind of pill when I went home for 2 weeks. It did finally go away. So what ever you do I hope you get it checked out there are free clinics out there find one and get there soon. If not call the cancer center and see if they know of a place you could go. I wish you all the best and please do come back and let us know how you are doing and what you find out because we care. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center