Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fluid filled benign cyst
MelindaV posted:
I would like to talk with anyone who has experienced fluid filled benign cyst in the breast.
MelindaV

brcansur responded:
Melinda,
Hello and welcome, yes before breast cancer I had these and had some of them removed to make sure they were not anything to be concerned about. They started in my 20's and the last one I had removed was in 2006. I was dx with breast cancer in 2008 but the cancer was in the breast that I never had issues with. I also had fibro cystic breast since I was in my teens. I was told that these two are very common in women with bigger dense breast I was a size D to DD before my Bi Mast in 2008.
Roberta

MelindaV replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
Thank you for your information on your experience with benign cyst. I am 46 years old and this began about a year ago. The Dr. said it could result from my dense breast tissue, caffeine intake or possible hormones. My concern... do I have every lump scanned. I am concerned about radiation exposure. I can feel new bumps. Thankfully, each scan showed only benign cyst. What do you advise about testing each lump? I have had two done plus my regular mammogram.
Thanks,
Melinda

brcansur replied to MelindaV's response:
Melinda,
Hello, if it seams all they are is cyst and nothing to be worried about I would keep it to a min of once a year. But that being said if the doctor seams concerned and thinks it should be checked then by all means have it checked. One way to know if it is different from the ones you have now is to get used to your breast. Do self exam when you take a shower or bath yes every time. Know how the cyst feel now if they start to feel different or you get a new one that feel different get right back to the doctor and have it checked and yes maybe scaned. That is what I did and I found my own lump and found out I had cancer early because of checking every time I took a shower. You are your own best advacate and doctor who else knows your body as good as you do ?! So you will know in your gut and heart if you need to get a scan done and when but at least once every 18 months if you are getting a lot of lumps is a good call if you ask me. Just to be sure nothing else is going on in there. I wish you all the best and good health nothing but cyst to come of those lumps. May you have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi Roberta,
I so appreciate your words. I will take your advice and put it in my hands to stay right on top of it.
Smiles,
Melinda

Melinda,
Hello, So happy to hear from you and that you are going to take things into your hands and stay on top of things right a long side of your doctors. It is always best to keep up with self exams and getting to know your body because you and only you are with your body each and everyday all day. I wish you all the best and a happy healthy spring and summer angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi Roberta,You have a wonderful summer too!!! I appreciate your guiding words. Melinda

MelindaV,
Hello and how are you doing ? Enjoying your start of summer I hope and some sunshine also. We have been getting a lot of crazy weather so enjoy what you can. Come back and let us know from time to time how your doing and just to chat we are here for you when ever you need us. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center