Skip to content
PLEASE PRAY!
jenna291 posted:
Hi all,
At the moment Boston is under siege - 2 bombs have exploded and 2 more have been discovered and dismantled, and at least 2 people are dead and 28 injured.
New York and Washington are under high alert, and it is so very scary.
Please pray for those trying to get out of Boston to do so safely.
My family is about 8 miles from Boston and I can't tell you how frightening this all is.
Right now it is unclear if it is terrorism or a random group.
Again, pray hard! I feel so small in the scheme of life right now.

Thanks for listening and God Bless.
Jenna
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Shell1007 responded:
Jenna,
I am so glad you posted ! There are others on the boards here that are also from Boston, if I remember correctly. Hope to hear from them as well.
Glad you are ok.
I had been at the grocery store & this happened while I was gone . Simply horrifying is all I can say.
I just saw on our local news source online that when the explosion hit, one of our hometown runners was right there almost at the finish line. His name is Bill & he is 78 yrs young. He is in an orange tank & was knocked off his feet when the explosion hit. His Granddaughter has since posted that he has scraped knees, but otherwise is fine.
Sending many prayers to Boston & all the people involved.
Shell

rachael67 responded:
Jenna, I am so sorry to hear that this awful tragedy has become even more personal for you and your family.

Yes, it is dreadful. Yes, innocents have been injured and killed. Yes, somewhere out there are evil individuals whose only way to overcome their own fears is to create them in others and to cause them pain.

However, if you watched closely today, tho' the destruction may have been the result of only a handful of individuals, those who ran toward the damage numbered in the hundreds. Those not near enough to assist directly have called or emailed or posted their love and prayers and support. If they are capable of offering some ongoing help, they are now on their way to do so. And they will remain doing what they can to alleviate pain and to comfort for as long as is necessary.

Brave, powerful and influential people in government will propose ways that this kind of disaster might be better avoided in the future, and those with courage and honor will make sure those proposal become a reality.

For every sick soul who feels it necessary to make others as sad and miserable as they are, we will see multitudes of good people giving of themselves to better balance the scales of life. That's the way it has been for ages, and most likely will continue to be so.

That feeling of being so small and lost? Take a look around you and see when we all gather together how big we can be! It's amazing! Take heart, Kiddo!

Blessings on all.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Jenna,
I started praying for you and your family the min I seen this on T.V and all the others there. I was so wishing and praying you were all right and nothing happened to any of you and that you were no place near that area. I know that you go into Boston a lot and I wasn't sure if you went to the race. I am so very happy right now to know you are all ok and at home together safe . I am so very sad for those that are gone and hurt because of what happened . I still can't and will never understand how anyone can do such hurtfull things to anyone like this. I don't know what the world is coming to but those of us that have a kind loveing heart stay strong and keep careing for others and please keep spreading the love pass that kindness onto others and hope that it spreads and things turn around. We can only hope pray and dream the world will become a better place for our future and our children and thier children.
Jenna my prayers are with you and everyone that is in Boston and was in that race. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
Every sad for this to happen, my good friends two daughters had finished running about half hour before the bomb's went off. These people are so very evil and I feel if they are afraid of living what right do they have to hurt another. The two girls are both safe. My daughter ran in this marathon a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience for her and me. If she had run yesterday I would have been there. She is running one this weekend in MO so I am hoping that nothing like this happens there or anywhere else.
God has asked as to Love One Another, what has happened to that.....

jenna291 replied to Shell1007's response:
Hi Shell,
I know who Bill is as he has been shown on several news stations falling to his feet. Thank God he is ok although mentally I don't know how any of these people who witnessed this horror will ever recover from it.
I think everyone knows someone who runs the Boston marathon as it is the oldest marathon in the world.
Having a bomb go off in front of all the flags representing the different countries could not have been an accident.
Hope these sick people are caught soon. It will be a long, long time before many are comfortable going to that area again.
Thank you for your prayers -
Jenna

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael, it is unimaginable for an event like this to happen so close to my home, and so many of my friends were in Boston that day watching it. Lucky for me, my family did not go in and I was working.
I too was amazed (but then again not really) at the courage and bravery of so many who just pitched in to help. My friend's son (he is a local firefighter) ran the marathon with some other firefighters to raise money for a childrens organization. They had finished about 10 minutes before the first blast, and all of them ran people to ambulances, helped calm the crowd, and give blood. Unbelieveable acts of courage and kindness, that shows that good will prevail. Justice is another story.
While we are anxious to catch those responsible and get them punished, the images of the dad of the 8 year old boy who was killed, his sister with a leg missing and mom with a brain injury is daunting and just to hard to comprehend.. So many hurt, so much distruction.

blessings and hugs,
Jenna

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, thank you for your prayers. All those affected will be haunted for many, many years to come. There was a story of 2 Marines just back from Afganistan who were carrying people with lost limbs, crying and suffering. It looked like a war zone down in this beautiful section of Boston.
So far 3 beautiful people are dead, and close to 200 injured. Just out for a fun day to watch a world class event. Let's hope these idiots are caught and punished to the full extent of the law soon.

hugs,
Jenna

jenna291 replied to kiwiallright's response:
kiw

iallright, thank God your friends and their family are fine. It really makes you realize how quickly life can change, Who knows that better than those of us who have battled the beast????

There is so much anger and evil in this world, it is truly sad, but there is also a great deal of good, and at times like this we have bto ban together and remember that.

blessings,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I seen the story you are talking about I couldn't even begin to imagine what they must have felt our been thinking at that time after such a thing happening here and they just got back from fighting for our country. This is supposed to be a fun event not anything like what happened. My heart goes out to everyone that was there and the world for that matter. Things like this affect everyone we all hurt and worry when these things happen.
We have a big race coming up in July our city is talking about it now we don't even know if it is going to happen now because of this. It is like your race people come from all over the world to run in it. This is very sad that some sick person has done this and hurt so many and cause such harm to everyone. I just wish and pray for a world that can come together and be a strong fighting force to stop all this crime and hurting of others. Make our world a better place for our children and their children that is what I pray and wish for everyday and night. I want Kaiden to have a safe place to grow up in not to have to worry every time we go out someplace for him to have fun and play. I will comtinue to pray for everyone and for this hurtful stuff to stop. Please try and have a nice day be safe stay strong and postive angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Thanks for your kind words Roberta. It is a tough world to bring up children in. So much anger and violence, it is truly frightening.
We just have to take some deep breaths and forge forward. The expression around here is "BOSTON STRONG". We have to perservere, and prayfully catch these maniacs.

blessings,
Jenna

jenna291 replied to jenna291's response:
hello friends,
I live only about 4 miles from where the manhunt is on for this miserable human being causing death and destruction around the Boston area. There are swat teams everywhere, houses are being evacuated, helicopers overhead.

Continue to pray, please that this person/persons are brought to justice very, very soon.

love,
Jenna

jenna291 replied to jenna291's response:
Thankfully this person was apprehended late last evening, about 3 1/2 miles from where I live!!! We were under lockdown not to even open windows all day. So very scary.
Praying the police/FBI can get some info out of him as to where all this hate comes from. It is so unimaginable how many lives these people hurt.
We have also learned they had friends they may have been working with. So sick.
Continue to pray and thank you~
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I am so sorry you and your family and everyone else had to go through all of that and be in your homes through everything that went on. But I am so very happy they got the guy or should I say young man he is just a child and doing all this harm to so many. It is very sad that such a young man has so much hanger inside him to do such eval things to so many people that he didn't even know. I still can't wrap my head around all of this I can't even begin to imagine how you all feel being there and living it so very close to everything. I send my love and loads of angel hugs to you and your family heck to all of Boston to get through this and live strong carry on push forward. What ever we do we can not let this get us down because then they win. We have to pull together and fight this kind of stuff stay very strong and make this world a safer better place for everyone. I will keep praying for everyone please stay safe and keep your chin up I am right beside you always with as many angel hugs as you need and hugs from me also. Sending you a big bunch of nice colorful spring flowers to cheer you up Roberta,
Sunflowers of yellow , orange and burg
Roberta

Thank you Roberta. All we can really do now is pray for the victims (still so many in local hospitals that lost limbs) and all the people who were so needlessly killed. We also must pray that this is the end of the terror.
I can't imagine being at the hospital where this crazy guy is at. Imagine being his doctor or nurse? Horrible.

I love the sunflowers (you remember they are my favorite!!!!)
They will put a smile on my face today.

blessings,
Jenna

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center