Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spring is finally here what do you like and do when it first arrives !!?
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies I think Spring is finally here It is rainging a some more then most of us like but now all the trees have buds on them and some flowers are coming up and the dirt is getting washed away from winter. Oh it is looking like spring I am so very happy. Big smile on my face Just for a little fun here are some questions.
So let see what does every one like best about spring and what are some of the things you do when it first arrives ?

I love watching the birds come back and flying and playing around in my yard.
I also love to watch everything blooming and coming back to life or should I say waking from a long winters nap.
Going for walks and looking at all the flowers blooming is so enjoyable for me.
Watching children outside running and having fun again that is the best.It brings me back to when I was young and outside having a good time.
Ok Now things I do when it gets like this start digging in the dirt so I can plant my veggie garden.
Planting some flowers, checking on the ones I already have that come up every year. Like my rose garden oh they are so pretty each year I am planing to add more to them this year.
I love to get out and walk more to see what everyone else has done in ther gardens and maybe get some new ideas for my yard. Plus getting to see everyone outside and talk with them after a long cold winter.
Well this is what I like about spring what about some of you what do you like about spring. ?
Here is to spring and more warm days outside have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kiwiallright responded:
HI Roberta,

Spring is the best time of year when we see all of the daffodils, tulips and other spring blubs popping there little heads up above the ground and the pansies are picking up after the surviving a long hard winter. Like you I am always anxious to see what survived the winter, I did give my roses a good whacking, fertilized them, thought i gave them a good watering as it rained as well, my climber is not looking as good as the others, It will be twenty years this July that I have had my roses, not a lot of them but they were given to me by my USA mother when my mother died back in 1993.
Anyway when I was a young girl, we would visit some friends who owned a farm and when one would walk outside in the morning you could hear all of the birds singing, I think it has taken me close to fifty years to figure out what bird was singing, it was the Robin. When I get up early and walk that is all I hear as I am walking through the neighbourhood, are the Robin's singing... At times I just close my eyes and think of my younger years.
Spring also gives me hope, we can start anew. Winter is fun if you love the snow and the cold, I think everyone has a season that is their favourite, Spring is number one for me and fall is the other number one. I just love it when things start to cool down and you can sit outside and enjoy all of your hard work that you began in the spring. Mind you sometimes by mid August I am hoping for a freeze get tired of all the yard work, but when the weather cools one gets to enjoy the fruits of our labours.

Cheers to you and everyone else, enjoy today, I will for sure, it is time to go to the nursery.
Roberta, my seedlings have done well, I have over 200 tomatoes plants, 600 petunia's and 300 lobelia plants, I know I am nuts..... it is my new cancer therapy,

Love to all

mary

catalinacruse responded:
I like that even in New york city it is undeniable spring! the trees are so bright.

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
WOW ! That is a lot of seedlings lol I wish I could do all that I would have to be super women or something. How do you get so many of them to grow and where do you grow them?
But it sounds like it works for you and that is all that counts I love being outside so once I get my things planted that is the part I love digging in the dirt and watching them grow and getting the veggies from my garden. Seeing the flowers and my rose garden bloom love it Spring is the best because you know you will see all of that right into fall which I love because of all the colors and smells also. Winter on the other hand everything goes to sleep not so nice for me the first snow fall yes then it can all go away lol.lol.
Have a great spring day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I finished my chemo on the first day of spring and a neighbor sent me the most gorgeous and colorful bouquet of flowers. I will never forget that. It became a true sign of life for me!! Spring is rebirth, the trees and flowers are blooming and everything is so pretty!

happy planting!!!
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Hello, I remember your post talking about those flowers boy it seams like just a few days ago and it has been over 5 years now can you believe it ? ! I know what you mean about flowers they means a lot more to me now it is like a new beggining. Like spring when they all start to grow fresh new buds and all it is almost like all of us after treatment starting over. We are all fresh new buds waiting to see what we will become almost like a beautiful butterfly coming to life. Thats it we are all beautiful butterflys in a flower garden I know sounds silly but it sounded good in my head lol.lol. Hey we love flowers so it sounded good lol. Hers is a nice big bunch of colorful sunflowers for you for mothers day have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, Thank you for that beautiful and colorful bunch of sunflowers! They look great on my kitchen table! Now, I do have a great imagination - LOL!!!!!

Usually my kids make up a gorgeous bouquet for me and I am so hoping they do it this year for mom's day too!!!! It is my favorite gift to give and receive flowers!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We have had some rain today but now it is clearing and nice out. Time for a little walk for me.
Having my family over tomorrow for Chinese food to celebrate mothers day. My mom will be 84 this year and has had her own health struggles, so each year the days become more special and precious.

blessing and hugs,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU AND YOUR MOM
Hope you have a great day with a lot of flowers and fun with your family.
Oh it rained here also Sat I went to the mall to see a movie then walked around some didn't get anything. That is a good thing because we are going on a small road trip to Vermont so will do some shopping there. It looks like rain again today but that is ok we can spend mothersday as a family watching movies and being all cuddly and silly lol something we are all good at.
Have a great mothers day here are some more sunflowers and angel hugs Roberta.
Roberta

vajanie replied to brcansur's response:
What I love about spring, my flowers and birds, no questions about it. It feels so hopeful when everything just bursts into bloom, I have huge banks of azaleas and rhododendrons and they just amaze me every year. We had huge amounts of rain this spring so everything is just glorious. My mother-in-law gave me a pink lilac the year before she passed away and this is its first year to bloom, I love it and wish she could have seen it. We'd always had bird feeders but this past fall my husband put up more, sort of surrounded the kitchen windows so I could see the birds. I was having chemo and it did me so much good to watch them. Now I am seeing goldfinches bring their fledglings to the feeders. It just gives me hope somehow to see it.

Today I'll rest some, maybe buy myself some plants, but most of all I'll think about my Mother, who I still miss so much, after ten years, and my mother-in-law.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, we all deserve it!

Janie

brcansur replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
I too loved looking out my windows at the trees and birds when going through treatment. I still love to watch everything blooming and the birds in my yard to this day. But I notice all the little things now that I really didn't before the things we kind of forget about of don't take the time to notice. I really do take the time to notice the little things in life now everyday and I will tell you it is beautiful it makes me smile even on a cloudy day. We have so much around us to be thankful for and to smile about if we just take a few mins to truely look around us. I don't just mean at things but look hear smell taste I hope you understand what I mean because it is the best feeling ever. I never really had it till dx with cancer and thinking this maybe my last day but not in a sad way in a good way. so I felt this and enjoy everything more each and everyday and still do everyday is a good day no matter what because I am here and can see everything around me and feel this feeling that is so beatiful. I wish this for everyone That is what I pray for all the time good health and to keep this feeling always and to give these things to everyone oh and a safe world also. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

vajanie replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta,

I think I do know that feeling, when I go out to get the newspaper every morning, and the world is just waking, I always stand a moment, just overwhelmed by it, so peaceful and the birds singing, so beautiful, especially in spring. I try to always remember to give thanks. I come in, smell the coffee brewing and wake my DH. We have a "retirees" breakfast, about two hours long, just enjoying the coffee, newspaper, and our little cats. We have much to be thankful for.

I'm so glad you had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Sorry your back is so bad, I hope the shot helps. Was it a steroid injection?

Best to you always,
Janie

brcansur replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
yes you got ! it isn't great and yes I am also very thankful for everything and everyone in my life each and everyday. I know spring is the best because everything is coming alive and waking from a long winter. So very beautiful and calming at the same time.
Yes they are a form of steriod injection but instead of going into my spine this time it was into my joint between the tailbone and pelvis. Oh boy it hurt because it was so inflamed he had a hard time getting it to go in and had to keep poking I am still sore from it. But I really can't tell yet if it is working or not because I still hurt from the injection it self. I am waiting to see if there is a change in my pain any time with the next fewdays. The nurse called Mon afternoon to ask how I was doing and said if it worked it should start working this week so time will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does after all that apin getting it done plus need some help with this back pain.
I want to be able to do my garden and things outside this year with out so much pain and being layed up for days after doing somethings. But I just keep moving and doing what I can that is all we can do right. well need to get going getting things packed for our trip to Vermont will talk again soon have a great day and week angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
HI Roberta,

I normally do not have such great success, I got my seeds from a new seed company and they were pretty inexpensive, they came with a few hundred in a packet. I put them onto trays next thing the silly things all germinated. Lots of work, tomorrow if it is not raining I will be putting some in, I have sold quite a few.

Mind you all I have done this week is get all of my flowers beds ready to plant, only problem is are the bulbs that are not ready to be cut down, so I have to plant around everything.

Have a great day

Mary

vajanie replied to kiwiallright's response:
Hi Roberta,

Wondering how your back is doing. I know you said the shot should start working this week if it's going to help. I hope you're feeling better.

It seems we're all pretty excited over our flowers.

Hugs to you,

Janie

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
Wow that sounds great and like you had a good batch of seeds and great luck with them. Now you have to remember and order them from there next year and hope for the same luck. I hope the weather was nice and that you got them in the ground. It was very nice travel weather for us and we had a great time in VT this past week got home last night. Oh Kaiden was a good boy on his first road trip He loved going to the Vermont Teddy Bear factory and he got his first Vermont teddy bear a limited addition it is a patchwork bear with all the different colors of fur they have used up to date on it I will post a picture of him with the bear as soon as I get out trip picture downloaded.
Have a great weekend and planting angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center