Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Home after surgery
TXinSC posted:
Well I am home after the surgery. I actually got home Saturday around 4:00. The surgery went really well and they only took three nodes. They did not find any cancer cells in the real time dissection, but sent them off to do a more detailed exam. The surgeon said he was 96% sure they were clear. He said I would still have to have chemo because of the HER2+ receptor, but treatment would be determined after all the pathology results were back. I am really glad that I opted for the bi-lateral mastectomy. I would hate the thought of having to go through this again. I have felt really good, and haven't had any pain meds since midnight Friday. I am taking Tylenol if I need it, but my sinuses have bothered me more than the surgery. The drains are a pain, as many of you warned me about, but my husband is taking good care of me and helps me with them. Everyone has been great and my church is bringing meals to us every other day for the next several weeks. God has been SO GOOD and I want to give HIM all the PRAISE for my surgery and recovery. I know the rest of the year holds more challenges but scripture tells me that He never gives me more than I can handle and that "I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me." What a glorious promise to hang
on to. Many blessings to all of you this day!

vajanie responded:
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well, and that you have a wonderful husband who helps you with the drains, my husband never saw them, but was helpful in other ways.

I hope that you'll continue with excellent progress, and it won't be long until you have the annoying drains out. My thoughts and prayers with you.

Janie

brcansur responded:
hello so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are doing well also great news. Oh and that your doctors tells you that the nodes are clear so very good it is most likely the test will come back clear then. The worst of the surgery part is over now just to get those darned drains out then it is done. They bothered more then the surgery it self. Once they were out it was 100% better so here is to hopeing they come out really soon for you and all heals very well and you are on your way to a speedy recover and a treatment plan that just goes by smoothly. Like you said and I agree god only give what we can handle even if it feels like to much sometime we always seams to get through it. So keep up the great work oh and keep that dear hubby of yours he sounds nice and to help with the drains that is great not many do. Well get your rest and let your body heal sending angel hugs and best wishes your way Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Very happy that your surgery went will. Clear nodes is awesome! Congrats on that.
Take good care of yourself, and get plenty of rest.

sending you hugs and prayers,
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center