Skip to content
Radiation recovery tips anyone?
JLAMB26 posted:
I'm just finishing my last couple radiation treatments this week. I'm pretty raw, sore and blistered. Anyone have and advise or tips about what worked best for them during recovery? I'm so glad to be almost done but I'm in a lot of pain. Thanks for your advise!! Jennifer

jenna291 responded:
Congrats on finishing the radiation treatments! I wore very loose fitting tops, no bra when I didn't have to. When I did need one I worse sports bras and slit the sides to be more comfortable, as I was swollen for a long time.
I used Aquafor and aloe for the discomfort, although I never blistered. I bet some warm compresses would fee good for that.
Also, staying hydrated and eating a healthy diet will help the whole healing process.
I wish you good luck and hope the healing goes fast!!!

Jenna

kiwiallright responded:
Hi,

Use the Clear Gel Aloe, no creams or lotions with perfume in it... As much as you can go bra-less and wear lose fitting clothing.

JLAMB26 replied to kiwiallright's response:
Thanks for the tips! I'm almost back to normal....whatever that is!

brcansur replied to JLAMB26's response:
JLAMB26,
Hello, I didn't have rads but I do know what you mean about getting back to normal what ever that is ! We ladies to get back to a normal but it is a different normal after dx and all the things we go through to treat the cancer. But it is our normal and it does get better with time we just have to find what our normal is going to be and get on with getting on. Learn to live life to the fullest again and have fun each and everyday. My saying is if I can get up open my eyes then it is a good day because I am still here to talk about it and help someone else. I also get up with a smile on my face and smile at everyone I see because it feels good and makes others feel good too. So here is a smile for you hope you have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

JLAMB26 replied to brcansur's response:
Perfectly put! Thanks!

brcansur replied to JLAMB26's response:
Hello ,and you are so very welcome ! Wishing you a great day and many happy ones to come angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center