Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Check in after the last storm
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies just wanted to check and see if everyone was ok after this last set of storms that went through last night.?
I was hit pretty bad here in Up State Ny we had thunder and BLUE LIGHTENING , Tornado's and power out for hours back on this am. There are trees down and power lines every where. I was told that there was people traped in there cars for a time because of tress and power lines falling on them.I seen on the news before our pwer went out that this storms was going across the country and was picking up power as it went. I hope all are well and stayed safe during this storm my prayers and best wishes are with everyone and their families. Sending loads of angel hugs to you all please stay safe out there we never know when one of these crazy storms is going to hit . Roberta,
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jenna291 responded:
Roberta, that is so very scary! Boy, the weather lately has been so destructive everywhere. I still cannot get over Oklahoma and NJ is still recovering from their storm months ago.
We were OK here in Boston. Lots of rain and lightening, but no damage around my area, thankfully. I did sit with my mom until it ended around 11pm last night, because she lives alone and it really scares her.
My poor flowers look like drowned rats! Hopefully they come back with the now present humidity.
be safe,
love,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I am so happy to see that you are ok and that nothing bad is happening in your area thank god for that. I have been very busy here cleaning up the mess and putting out tree branches and cleaning my yard and getting everything ready for my new fence to be put in on Mon. Everyone around me has been out cleaning up the mess this last storm left behind. But we still have our homes and are here to talk about it so we did good. Just trees and stuff to clean up isn't so bad we could have had a lot worse like in other states. I feel so bad for everyone that has lost their homes and loved ones to these crazy storms.
Oh I also know what you mean about the humidity it is in the 80's and 90's here with the humidity also no breaks now and still getting some nice rain with the lightening but not as bad. Stay safe and try and stay cool when you can that is what we are doing. Have a good day and week ahead angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
HI Roberta,
Just checking in on you to see if the weather in upstate NY is as glorious as Boston? It really is great out this week and so pretty with all the flowers and trees in bloom.
My legs have been giving me some trouble this week. The darn Arimidex. I can never predict when I'll be uncomfortable but I will go out for a nice walk later and that helps some.
Enjoy the rest of the week - I am keeping an eye out for Ben & Jerry's cannoli ice cream. Sounds like it would be a winner to me!!!
xo
Jenna

Jenna,
Hello, I was gone to Americade for a few days this week then baby sitting the guys doing my fence they have me so upset taking all week and still not done. Because show up when ever they feel like here for 3 hours and leave. Enough about that I am doing good no more bad storms here just a lot of rain off and on. I got the mess cleaned up from that bad one in time for my fence to be put up. Now I just wish we would get more of the sunshone then rain. We did have a few really nice days though and I was out on those days.
About that cannoli ice cream I heard it is going to be in stores soon got the e mail from Ben and Jerry's. Oh I am on the mailing list lol.I want to know what the new flavors are and when they are coming out a head of time lol. I am looking at the stores also I will let you know if I see it here. We are so crazy all over ice cream lol. Have a great day no walk in for me today raining pretty hard here angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

HI Roberta, great news on the cannoli ice cream! Let me know when to start looking for it. New York chocolate chunk is my absolute favorite, and I love cherry Garcia too!!! yum - LOL!

Hope the fence gets done soon. I don't like having workers at the house. It is stressful for sure.

We have the rain now, so stormy tonight! Hope it clears up but it looks rainy thru next week. June has been one crazy month and that makes me sad because I would summer to last and last forever!!!

Off for a bit of TV then bed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

xo
Jenna

Jenna,
Hello, sorry didn't get back to you sooner had to take care of the issues with the fence went to Lowes and talked to the store manager . I was told the fence would be done by May 30 well they didn't come till June 3 and then the guy didn't come until noon was here one hour and left without saying anything. Then they came back 3 guys and workd for 2 hours and left again. This time he did say they would be back in the morning and the fence would be up. Well noone here till 3:45 and no phone call here for 4 hours and only one small side put up. Then wed same thing came for 3 hours only one corner put up thurs same thing. So by Fri I have this wood and brackets holding my fence in place and no workers all day and no call. So I went to Lowes not happy and said something and still haven't heard back from them so now I am going over their heads to dist manager. So don't ever go through Lowes to get anything put in if you want it done on time and in a timely maner it wont happen. Oh and I still have stuff on my side lawn that they didn't use that they are supposed to pick up. But the fence looks very nice and all my neighbors like it also So that is nice I tell them it is a very nice fence this is what kind it is and you can get it here but you can also find it at other stores check around and have someone else put it in if you want it done in a timely manner. Because Lowes will take a while from start to finish this took almost 3 months.
I would start looking for that ice cream any time now they said it would be out in stores soon. I can't wait and I am going to try that choc chunk have not had cherry Garcia need to try it also I love ice cream even in the winter lol. Now when I go out later I am going to have to get some for later after dinner lol.lol. maybe both of them so i have them and don't have to go back out for more later in the week lol.lol. Oh not all for me Beth and Kaiden can have some too lol. Didn't want you to think I was eating it all by myself lol. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, what an ordeal! I am glad it looks nice after all the wait, and I have never been in a lowe's and based on what you have shared, I never want to go there!

Next time I food shop I will look for the canoli ice cream and can't wait to hear your reviews on my 2 favorites. Ben & Jerry's is one of my most favorite brands, but I like Hagan Daaz too. Now, look at that, I am craving ice cream RIGHT NOW!!! LOL!
I do have some Friendlys mint choc chip in the freezer that my son likes, so I might have to have a bowl to hold me over until I get some B & J's.
Have a great day. Rainy and humid here today. Weed growing weather!

xo
Jenna

Jenna,
LOL love ice cream don't we mint choc chip is one of my favorites or anything with choc and peanut butter in it.
Yes it is still raining here also and I will have a lot of weeds to clean up after all this rain also yuck !! I got the clothe down along the fence that has a slop to it and some nice rubber mulch that should help keep the dirt in place and the weeds out for a while. I have to get some nice flowers to palnt along there that will come back every year but stay low to the ground. I was told about a little blue flower so now I have to go to the green house and see if they know what I am talking about when I tell them what the fence guy told me. But it is slowly looking better as I clean the mess up they left and I am sure once there are flowers next to the white fence it will look really nice. I just need the rain to stop so I can get out there and do some yard work not like Mon doing it all in the rain got soaked yuck. Plus it needs to stop so the weeds will slow down I have enough to clean up !! Well have a great day and hopefully some sun soon so we can get outside for some fun in the sun angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to brcansur's response:
Jenna,
Hello, still have not seen that new flavor cannoli ice cream yet but I keep looking each time I go to the store lol. Now I want it so bad it was so good they did have the ones you told me about either they were all out of it so had to get the mint one aww !! lol. It was so good though. with some mint candies I got from Vt on top uummm !! Ok now I want ice cream and it is to early in the day I will just get another cup of coffee I made black forest cake it is so good taste just like the cake in a cup lol. I get the fresh beans and grind them each morning so I have fresh coffee every day smells really good also. I will keep looking for that ice cream and let you know when I find it . Have a great day hopefully we get some sun soon so I can get to the weeds that are growing like crazy. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi Roberta,
We don't have the ice cream here either!!! Hopefully soon. Your coffee sounds amazing! Who makes it? I usually buy Dunkin Donuts beans and grind them fresh every morning. Today is gorgeous, and I had my coffee out on the deck - finally, no rain on the weekend!
I hope you are feeling well. A few sinus issues for me and I still think that is a worse problem since chemo. Nothing came back the same and sinus headaches are the worst! I am managing tho. It won't keep me in or form enjoying he beautiful day!
Have a great weekend -
Jenna
xo

Jenna,
Hello, Would you believe the coffe is called Bostons Best It is what our local store carries I love this coffe it is so good. Plus it cost less then some of the others and taste so much better. I also get more flavors to pick from which is so much more fun. They should have it there since your in Boston lol.lol.
Oh the weather was nice here also I got to some of the weeds over the weekend but then had to take a break got to hot and the sun was getting to me. that was Sat then on Sun they had a fly in breakfast at a local airport that I went to with my ex. I have wanted to go for a ride just once so I finally did I went flying with him and the guy that runs the airport and flying school there. I was so scared but then within a few seconds it was so beautiful looking out at everything I forgot about it all and just enjoyed it. Oh it was so different from up in the air looking down on everything so pretty.Oh that was untill we got ready to land then it felt like that little thing was stalling but I didn't pass out or anything. My ex and the guy flying had a blast picking on me the whole time it was a lot of fun at the end my ex asked spo how much gas you got in this thing then it felt like we were stalling not funny. Then you want know what happened next he goes right to the gas pump no kidding he needed gas not funny so glad we were done lol. I want to go on a hot air balloon ride some day but I think I am going to wait a while for that one lol.. Still have a big fear of heights. So that was what I did this weekend got one thing marked of my list of things I want to do I think everyone should go up in a small plain just once for sight seeing it is very pretty. Oh but make sure the wings are above your head so you can see below you. That is what we did someone went up in the one that had the wings below them and they didn't see much only what was in front of them. Have a great day and week ahead angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi Roberta, wow you are one daring girl - lol! I am a big chicken - I only like big plans! I was in a small plane once from Puerto Rico to St. Thomas and you were put on by weight! There was a thunderstorm so the plane was super shaky - not fun!!!! I think its great for those of you who enjoy it tho!!! Maybe someday my chicken side will go away - LOL!
We do have Boston's Best coffee in the cafeteria where I work. Good stuff. I don't see it where I food shop tho, so the next best thing is Dunkins.
We have a gorgeous 70 degree day here and I can't wait to get out of work and take a walk then go home and just sit on my deck and relax!
Enjoy your week. I think its really sad that so many of our friends have disappeared from this exchange. I miss everyone!
hugs,
Jenna

Jenna,
I know what you mean about the small plane and thunder storms that is why I have a fear of planes to this day. I was in the Army and was on one during a very bad storm ever since do not like to fly on any plane big or small so this was a big thing for me !! But this doesn't mean I am going right out and taking any trips by plane any time soon either lol.lol.
The Bostons Best coffee has a lot of good flavors also that is why I like it so much. I also get coffee from a web site that has very good coffee it is coffee am you should check it out some time. But will worn you ahead of time they have a lot of different flavors you will be there for a while and very hard ro dedice what one to get or how many different ones you end up with lol.lol. During the holidays it is so much fun and summer time flavors also. They even have smoothie mixes all different flavors uummm.... and teas check it out you will love it.
But I don't understand why you wouldn't have Bostons best coffee in the stores there that is odd !! I like Dunkin also ..
It has been warmer here also and getting even hotter and more humid as the days go on. Calling for the high 80's into the 90's by Mon. I like the warmer but not the humid part that bothers me and the lung issues. But planning on getting outside some if not to bad. Have a great weekend and get some walks in if we can. Have a 60 th birthday party to go to on Sun afternoon but the rest of the weekend is open to do what ever we feel like doing.
I miss all our friends also it just isn't the same without all of them on here chating with us. Talking about our gardens and the weather flowers you name it even out family's and pets. All we can do is say hello and wish you all a very happy and healthy summer hope you are having a fun time and living life to the fullest. Miss you angel hugs Roberta,
Jenna have a great weekend angel hugs to you Roberta,
Roberta

goodlook121 replied to brcansur's response:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center