My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
thyroid problem
cindy12345678 posted:
Hi ladies,
I know I haven't been on for awhile. I guess I have been trying to
balance work, life etc. My onc sent me to an endocrinologist for
my bones. I had some bone loss on a bone density scan. She also
ran a lot of blood tests . She felt the nodule on my thyroid. and wanted
me to have an ultrasound. the nodule has always been on my scans.
they say I have one nodule and it is 1.4 cm. so now they want me
to have a needle biopsy. One of the thyroid blood tests came back bad.
So I am hoping that it is thyroid disease rather than a third cancer or
a recurrence ( or st 4 ) Roberta is going in first on tues so Ican ride
on "Pinkie" for her then maybe all of you can drop me off.
I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this.
Cindy

rachael67 responded:
Toot! Toot!! Pinkie will be there filled with members for both Roberta and for you, Cindy! We'll also bring baskets stuffed with good wishes and fun foods!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Cindy,
Sorry to hear about the thyroid issues wishing and hoping it is just the thyroid acting up and nothing else. I have an inlarged thyroid ever since chemo they are watching but doesn't sound the same as your issue. Boy if it isn't one thing it is another after chemo isn't it !? I just got back from another MRI of my low back to see if anything has changed there because of all the pain and falling more balance is getting worse also. More blood work also plus some for surgery on Tuesday. Thank you for all the good wishes and pinkie and being there for me I know it will be a good ride there and back lol.lol. Try not to worry to much I will there for you also as much as I can with all the good drugs in me from surgery lol. Hey I can't help you are going after my surgery but I am sure I will be funny lol. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Hello and thank you for driving Pinkie for Cindy and I it will be like old times having fun and being very naughty for a while I will try and not be to bad but you know how those surgery drugs can be so after surgery I can't promise anything lol.lol...
I am just so very happy I am finally getting this port out 5 years with it is enough for me so long good bye !!! I will not miss it at all ...
Hope all is well for you and DH oh and that cute little buddle of fur how is he doing staying out of trouble I hope !! Have a great day and summer angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cindy12345678 replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks Rachael,
the support means a lot! When I come here I don't feel
alone!
Cindy

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,I a
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your back
and your balance. I think I had some balance issues with
the a/c. I hope they figure it out. I also hope there is no
change on your MRI. I will be there on "Pinkie"
You will be loads of fun after the surg drugs. I promise
not to draw anything on your face if you fall asleep(my
fingers are crossedLOL)Who will we have for cabana
boys?
Cindy

vajanie replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy, I'm wishing for good news for you on the thyroid issue. And Roberta I'm sure you will be so relieved to have that darned port out. I love those surgery drugs too. I think it's so odd that you can be talking to someone in the surgery suite, and all of a sudden you're just gone, then wake up and it's over.
One of my sisters just got her pathology report back and it is invasive ductal bc, triple negative, with a proliferation index of 35%. I'm so sad for her, she is a triplet and I'm wondering what this means for the other two triplets. I'm not sad because I think she can't beat this, she's a strong woman, I was just hoping that my sisters would be spared this disease.
Roberta, I hope you can find some relief for your back. You certainly don't need this with surgery coming up. Thinking of you and Cindy and all the rest fighting this fight. Please save me a seat on Pinkie.

Janie

vajanie replied to vajanie's response:
Rachael, forgot to say hello to you. It's always so nice when you're here. Wishing you all the best.

Janie

Hi Ladies,
I got the results back from the biopsy. The nodule was
benign! Yea! I will find out more on if I have thyroid
disease this week. Thanks for all the support!
Cindy

jenna291 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
That is totally awesome news!!!! YAY!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for more good news.
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Very hot and humid here in the northeast, but sure as heck beats the snow any day in my book!!!

hugs,
Jenna

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
I am so sorry I have not been on sooner that is great news so very happy for you now lets have a party, Happy dance oh but not to much jumping still sore lol.lol. Oh and thanks a lot for the colorful nails love them. And thanks for the face paint funny lol.lol. I had so much fun on Pinkie we need to do it again but without the surgery ok !!! Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cindy12345678 replied to jenna291's response:
jenna,
I did enjoy the long weekend. It is hot and humid here in
the Midwest too. It sure does beat the snow, doesn't it?
I love summer heat and all.! Thanks for the good wishes
I go back on Wed. I'll get results for a whole lot of tests.
I'll keep you posted!
Cindy

Roberta,
I hope you are not too sore, Are you happy to have it
gone?I know I sure was! I dont' know why , but I was.
we definitely have to have a feelin good party on "Pinkie"
I think all the members here deserve it. I am glad you
liked the face paintLOL!
I hope you get all healed up soon!!
Cindy

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center