Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Port removal surgery update Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies surgery up date the port came out with no issues and was done and out of the hospital by 9:30 am. I even felt well enough to go get breakfast oh and it was good. So was all the ice cream off and on all day tha nks you all. I actually had some coffee ice cream with choc chuncks really good. They took me at 7:45 was asleep by 8 and back to room by 9 and out of there by 9:15 not bad at all. They gave me drugs to put me to sleep so I didn't feel or remember anything but didn't need the breathing tubes or to go to recovery after. That way you get to go home sooner and you wake right uo as soon as they are done. Plus they numb the area very ell. That was numb all day but started comeing back last night right before bed but then I could more pain pills so worked out fine. Today a little more tender and achy but not to bad. Kinda feels like I got hit really hard in that area nice black and blue or should I say purle pretty color lol. I can't drive for at least a week if still hurts when driving then longer. So taking it very easy and staying in for now watching movies and reading oh and coming on here to check things out just can't post to much it hurts a little. unless I only use one hand lol. I still feel a little tired to from everything so maybe napping some today oh and haing some more of that good ice cream hey have to stay cool and spoil myself while I can right. Thank you all for everything oh and who was the artist !? my nails by the way look really nice love the bright colors was it you Rachael with a great come back or Cindy ??? Love it and Pinkie was fun both coming and going thanks Rachael for the great driving so early in the morning I know how much you love getting up lol. Have a great day all and stay safe with all this crazy weather angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
SUPER REPORT!!

So glad to know all went well, and that you are continuing to rest and let your body heal. 'Sides spending a day or two enjoying movies isn't such a bad idea...Make sure you have enough pop corn so when we drop in to join you, you can pass it around!!

You're right about my hating getting up early, but for a Friend...I never mind!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

cindy12345678 responded:
Hi Roberta,
I'm glad all went well. I hope you pop enough popcorn
for all of us!LOL Now just relax and heal!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

jenna291 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Roberta, so very glad that all went well for you! Now I hope you have gotten much deserved rest and are still enjoying that ice cream and other treats!
I am toasting you with my coffee (its only 9am!!) as we speak!

hugs,
Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Hello and yes I did enjoy my ice cream all week long and weekend lol.lol. It helped me relax and stay nice and cool it has been very hot rainy and humid here so it was very nice having some ice cream every evening after dinner lol UMMMM !!! I also watched a lot of movies one was the call got it from net flix that was a very good movie didn't get to see it when it first came out so seen it over the weekend . Plus watched a lot of other movies to hot to go any place and still was feeling a little off from surgery so just relaxed . It was a lot of fun just relaxing and watching movies all weekend it was raining really bad any way and lightening nasty out. We are still getting a lot of flash flooding around me but not right here thank god for that. I just feel bad for all the people that have lost so much because of this crazy weather. Stay safe out there and be careful if the weather gets bad stay away from water it is crazy it get deep fast. I am praying for everyone that they stay safe and keep heathy during all this crazy weather and storms. Also praying for a nice summer with sunshine and good days outside cookouts and pinics for all. have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta, very happy you enjoyed your ice cream and got to do lots of relaxing. We know how important that is!!!
I too hoping for better weather. We have similar weather to what you are getting. Humid and rainy. The plants aren't really doing all that well this year. My begonias are looking sad.
I love to be outside walking and just hanging around. I think everyone feels better with fresh air. Probably why so many people are sick - this crazy weather. I don't remember ever having a virus or cold in the summer before. Yuck and more yuck!
Hope you are feeling even better today....
hugs,
Jenna

goodlook121 replied to jenna291's response:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

goodlook121 responded:

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center