Skip to content
question about pr and er positive brca
jlmjct posted:
hey guys its me again and i have what may seem to be a retarded question... ok so i was diagnosed with er/pr brca... i was showing uptake in cells in my uterus and in my throat so thankfully both those suspicions of cancer were ruled out... my oncologist said ok heres the deal... u had a baby at 44 and we dont want that to happen again lol but because we had this cancer of the uterus scare lets go ahead and do a full hysterectomy since the tamoxifen causes thickening of the uterine lining setting you up for uterine cancer.. so done that 1 month post opt bilateral mastectomy... then she says well you cant take hormone replacement because we dont want your body to have estrogen or progesterone due to the breast cancer being er/pr positive.. so when i was still having menstrual cycles i would get a few hairs on my chin close to my time of month... now i noticed i am getting a few here and there since total hysterectomy.. is that normal? also does that mean my body is still high with hormone activity, cuz my oncologist rationale was she wants me to have NO hormones in my body... im so fearful of everything and i may be thinking way to much.. i know hair growth on a womans face is from the hormone androgen and i guess my question is does breast cancer grow from the androgen hormone?

vajanie responded:
Hi, I'm not sure about the androgen hormone and facial hair growth. I had a hysterectomy at age 38 and my doctor told me that I would begin a gradual menopause. They didn't remove my ovaries. In a couple of years I had two facial hairs, quite noticeable so I just shaved them. Last year I was diagnosed with stage three ductal invasive breast cancer. I had a mastectomy, chemo and now take Arimidex, will for five years. Now I have noticed other random hairs on my chin, different because they come and go. I shave them also. I don't know what part of this is causing the facial hair growth but I just am careful to watch for it and take care of it. I don't obsess, just glance in the mirror in the morning. Only on this site would I be discussing my facial hair, but I do think it's important to share these things and let others know that they're not the only ones troubled by these possible side effects of cancer, and or hysterectomy. No woman wants facial hair. I'll mention that my sisters and I have a pact that if we're ever unconscious in a hospital that one of the others will make sure that we do not have facial hair growing. So you
see, it's important to me too. I'm going for surgery Wednesday and have already packed in my hospital bag a small hand mirror and razor.
There's no such thing as a stupid question, in my opinion. And I am very sorry that you've been through so much and I wish you the best and will be thinking of you. I hope you'll come back and let us know how you're doing.

Janie

goodlook121 replied to vajanie's response:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center