Skip to content
trying to survive my GF's breast cancer diagnosis
hurtingbf posted:
My girl friend who i love very much just gut results that she is a catagory 5 she has a biopscy tomorrow. I walk around and just start to cry. I go from angry to the depths of dispair. I cry for me for her for us and sometimes I just cry. I am 54 years old and had one bad marriage i just found the love of my life last year and two weeks ago our world started falling apart. I am very strondg and caring with her and am there for her. When I leave it all starts again. What do I do now. she muliple spots and one is 6x6x4cm with tenticles. she has already decided if its bad to get a second opinion from MD Anderson. I am a 6'2" former marine and this scares the hell out of me. Please give me some good advice or something to hang my hat on. I feel lost and helpless. I am strong for her but colapse when apart.

georgiagail responded:
Keep in mind that a category 5 from a mammogram is only "highly" suspect of malignant cancer and nothing really is known in detail until further workup (the biopsy) is done.

In other words, it is important that she gets more testing so that a clearer picture of what she is facing can be determined.

Gail

jenna291 replied to georgiagail's response:
I agree with Gail. Once you have the details of the biopsy there will be a better picture of what is going on.

Please let us know the test results. There are many caring people here who have had similar experiences and may be able to offer some helpful tips should it be malignant.

The best thing you can do is be supportive - it is fine to cry and get angry. We have all been there.

Hope to hear from you soon with details - better yet, hoping for
"negative" results.

best -
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

goodlook121 replied to jenna291's response:

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

hurtingbf replied to jenna291's response:
She had the bioosy on Monday. They said we should here by today(wednesday) She is at work now waiting and I am at work try to focus and not cry and waiting. The dr. said it is not a matter of whether but what type aof surgery and how bad it will bbe. She was clear last year now she has a 7x6x4 cm mass with tenticles and several clusters. I am so scared. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I just feel lost in a daze. I am so worried she also has lupus. I just got my arms around that. Wow she needs a break.

hurtingbf replied to goodlook121's response:
I will thank you

jenna291 replied to hurtingbf's response:

I hope your girlfriend received not so bad results. Please let us know specifics and I am sure people here will be able to offer some help. Even if you just want to vent, that's fine, we all need that at times!!!

Seems like there is a bit of spam of this website but trying to overlook it and get down to the important discussions.

Anxious to hear ~
Jenna

hurtingbf replied to jenna291's response:
The results are mixed. The pathology came back that all six samples were benign; however, her radiologist and doctor both indicate it has to be a mistake. We are going in for a smekind of special MRI on wednesday the 8/14/13 to have that done. He has indicated it will convince him either way. If he is still not convinced about the path report he may want to do a lumpectomy. Bottom line we are still unsure with a little hope.Tank you and I will keep you posted.

georgiagail replied to hurtingbf's response:
Interesting! And yes, it is possible that these all ARE benign. That, of course, would be great news.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center