Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possibilities for surgery
Bellaria posted:
Hello,

I'd like to ask if anyone has experience. I know finally I will need to ask my doctor, but just for the possibilities I'd like to ask and if I'm thinking right.
If my lump doesn't attached to skin and nipple, do I have the chance to kind of clean my breast from inside (take everything, but leave the skin and nipple) and then do plastic surgery. Or even at the same time?

Maybe at the moment I see the "easy way out"... I have chemotherapy now (8 sessions, finished 2), and if it reduces the lump there is a possibility for no mastectomy, so that's why I started thinking, because I also don't want them to leave half of my breast with a chance for a new diagnosis in the next few years.

Thank you

jenna291 responded:
Hi Bellaria, I had sessions of chemo too, before my lumpectomy to reduce the tumor and conserve the breast. This was nearly 6 years ago and I still take medication, but I never had reconstruction surgery. I am a bit lopsided, but it is not noticeable with a bra and clothing on.
Plastic surgery is a personal decision. Talk to you docs, get their opinion, and decide what is right for you.

Good luck and I hope the treatments fly by for you.

best,
Jenna

Bellaria replied to jenna291's response:
Hi Jenna,

Thank you for your answer, it's always good to hear from someone who is doing well after all. I'll ask my oncologist and surgens too, but it's way too early for them to say something, depends on how chemo works for me. I hope everything will be fine with it, for the moment I try to plan and attract the best possible option.

I wish the best for you too!
Bellaria

jenna291 replied to Bellaria's response:
Hi Bellaria, I hope the chemo goes really fast for you. I had 8 rounds 2 weeks between each.
Get as much rest as you can and eat whatever is tolerable. Many of us found watermelon really easy to digest and it helps to keep you hydrated. Lean protein meats, broths, teas are good too.

Keep in touch so I know how you are doing!

best ~ Jenna

sam1985 replied to jenna291's response:
Hi bellaria,

I think this is the must go through link for you : http://www.empowereddoctor.com/breast-cancer4

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center