Skip to content
I NEED SUPPORT PLEASE !!
MammaD posted:
Hello Everyone

I just found this sight today !!! I have been looking for something like this for week's now . In May of this year I had my regular mammogram done along with ultrasound and a small lump was found . A biopsy was done and they found I have Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia . This mean's I have abnormal cell's growing in the lump . I do not have cancer , but pre-cancerous cell's . I was referred to a surgeon and it was decided I would have a double mastectomy . Reason being a high history of cancer on my Mother's side :
Grandmother- stomach cancer
Great Aunt - Breast Cancer
Female Cousin - Breast Cancer
Male Cousin - stomach cancer
Uncle - prostate cancer
Brother - colon cancer
Brother - malignant tumor's on bladder
Sister - Breast Cancer
Sister - carcinoma
This is how I came to this decision . I thank God every day it was found so early !! The surgeon said if we had not made this decision the chances of having invasive breast cancer within 5 to 15 year's was very high . Some people have commented on my decision being extreme . I ask them to walk a mile in my shoes's !! Thank you for listening .

jenna291 responded:
Hi MammaD -
I agree, only YOU can walk in your shoes. This had to be a super tough decision, but the one that is right for you.
I did have invasive breast cancer, stage II, and there is nothing fun about going thru chemo.

I will be sending you hugs and blessings that you have a speedy recovery. When is your procedure? Also, be sure to take all the help you can get, rest and eat well. You have to take care of yourself!

Jenna

cindy12345678 responded:
Hi , I agree only you can walk in your shoes. We all have to
make tough decisions when dealing with cancer. Only you
can make the right ones for you. I don't regret any of my
decisions. I hope you never get cancer.
Cindy

sam1985 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Hi Cindy, that is very true indeed what you said, I would suggest you to go through this article once, if possible: http://sunshineleneforlife.com/2013/08/19/3-important-facts-about-the-breast-cancer-gene-that-you-must-know-about/

cindy12345678 replied to sam1985's response:
Hi Sam,
It is a good article. I was tested for the gene, because I had
two different breast cancers at the same time. My paternal
Grandmother and my first cousin on that side had breast cancer, My father had prostate cancer.With all that I didn't
have the gene. If I had the chance to have bi-mast before
cancer knowing about the gene? Would I? Maybe.
I cannot say its wrong or right. You could get cancer
some other place . I think you have to make decisions
that give you peace of mind.

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center