Skip to content
newly diagnosed
An_254495 posted:
I'm 38 years old and have found out in the past week that I not only have BC but that it is inflammatory which automatically makes it a stage 3. That was the scariest part as I had hoped to skip chemo and just do lumpectomy w/ radiation. I have been informed it is almost 4cm however no lymph nodes are involved per PET and MRI. I have accepted chemo however I am concerned about the effectiveness of shrinking the tumor so that there may be successful reconstructive. I am completely new to this so please forgive me if this is nonsensical. Just very very worried and concerned. It had only been 18 mos since last mammo. I started early screenings due to family history.

jenna291 responded:
First off,I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I had chemo before my lumpectomy to shrink the tumor which was 3cm in size. It started to shrink after the 2nd round of chemo. I did not do resconstruction. I am a bit lopsided but its not so bad with clothes on. I was 51 when diagnosed and just didn't want to go thru that, but it is a totally individual and person decision. I had 14 lymph nodes removed at the same time I did my surgery, and thank God they were negative. I was stage II.
I wish you all the best with your decisions, and please let us know how you are doing and when your treatment plan starts.
Remember to stay hydrated, rest and put yourself first!!!
best to you ~
Jenna

sam1985 replied to jenna291's response:
If women in your first-degree relations, like your mother or sister, have been diagnosed with breast cancer, there is double the risk that you might also develop breast cancer.
There are also chances that some gene mutations, which up the risk of breast cancer, are passed on from parents to their children, increasing their risk of developing a cancer. Women who have inherited genes like BRCA-1 or BRCA-2 have a higher risk of breast cancer.

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center