Skip to content
Breast biopsy
chibi0625 posted:
Hello I'm not sure if this pertains to this forum but idk where else to go. I just had a breast cyst removed and biopsied (no cancer was found thank God!!) plus had 5 other cysts drained 6 days ago and I'm still in pain. My doc told me I should be fine 2-3 days after surgery, but not to lift more than 30lbs for 2weeks, but I can hardly even bend over without it hurting. I have three kids and my husband is currently deployed my friend came out to help but she was only able to stay for a few days .so I'm on my own and I really don't have time for this . I really figured I'd be fine by now. I feel like a big baby

rachael67 responded:
Forget the "big baby" tag! As my husband told me when I had discomfort post-surgery: "You were stabbed!!" (Sometimes it helps to be reminded that what we went thru was not a splinter removal!!)

That being said, please let you doctor know your situation! Pain is the body's way of letting us know to pay attention. If you were told it would only be a few days and it has exceeded that time AND you are alone in tending to your home and children, make your medical team aware of it.

(I do recall that post-surgery the hospital gave me a long line bra to wear for several days...Perhaps something as simple as this might offer some ease?)

Also, don't be Wonder Woman...If you need some help, ask friends and family. Ask your church. ASK!!

Know you will be in our thoughts, and come back to let us know how you are doing.

Blessings,
Rachael

PS..CONGRATS ON THE BENIGN REPORT!!
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Just chiming in to say congrats on your benign report, and DO call your doctor if the pain continues. You have a lot on your plate, and having pain added to the list is not fun!
Hope you feel fetter soon -

best,
Jenna

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center