Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Abnormal Mammo
tonifaye posted:
I had my mammo yesterday. The doc wanted to redo the right side. After that, he wanted to do an ultrasound of the right side. He told me that he sees "something" but it could be that I just have dense breast tissue and wants me to have another mammo in six months. This is my 4th mammo in my life. If I had dense breast tissue, wouldn't that have shown up in previous mammos? Starting to get worried.

jenna291 responded:
Hi, dense breasts can change with age. Its possible that it could be benign calcifications that are common. It is better to check and be sure it is nothing more serious.

Wishing you well and hope you come back when you know your results -
Jenna

diytestkitsdotcom responded:
Hi tonifaye,

Our body undergo many changes as we grow towards maturity. This might explain the change in your breast tissue density. You say that on your previous mammograms this was not the case, but time and change in weight or muscle development can be factors to consider in the change. So, there was nothing wrong with the former mammos. Your result today doesn't make them wrong, neither would former results make the new ones faulty.

Your doctor is worried because there may be something he can't explain just yet, he doesn't want to make hasty presumptions because it will affect you in many ways. The best course of action for you is to follow his instructions.

In the mean time, try to keep a healthier lifestyle and take care of yourself more than you already have. Let's be positive and hope for good results. Goodluck!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center