Skip to content
Testosterone Treatments available after breast cancer?
fastdawn posted:
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010, DCIS, lumpectomy followed by radiation. This was 2nd bout of cancer, thyroid 1st, during major back and neck surgeries for pain from degenerative disc disease. I am finally starting to feel like something like i used to, significantly reducing pain meds and increasing activity. However, HOTFLASHES, FATIGUE, NAUSEA and LACK of APPETITE ARE LITERALLY CRIPPLING! Recent bloodwork revealed NO testosterone levels and virtually no other issues. I was told breast cancer was receptive to hormones and DQed Methyltest (hormone replacement therapy following hysterectomy). IS THERE ANY KIND OF TESTOSTERONE I can USE TO HELP ME DEAL? btw-I am 55 and sooo motivated to regain a life... I haven't found any info regarding this specific subject... if you can help, please let me know what I can do to get some answers! Thanks!

judyfams responded:
I think you need to think along the lines of balancing your hormones rather than having testosterone treatments. I have been studying Chinese Medicine and tonic herbs - herbs that have no side effects and are used to maintain balance in the body.
I would recommend things like deer antler which acts like an androgen and could help you. I would also encourage you to check out www.pureessencelabs.com which makes supplements using herbs - not chemicals. Check out the products they have under the heading women's health and see which if any products sound like they can help you with this problem.
I was dx in 2010, had lumpectomy, chemo, radiation and take an anti-estrogen, but have changed my lifestyle to exclude white products, eat organic and supplement with Chinese herbs not OTC supplements which are largely made by big pharmaceutical companies and are filled with fillers and chemicals.
So if I were you I would encourage you to find a naturpath,or herbalist to help you with your problems.
Good luck,
Judy

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center