Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breast cancer fighter - have 2 types
An_255157 posted:
I've been fighting breast cancer for 2 years (2011). The first pathology was HER2+ I did chemo for 12 weeks and was ready for surgery when another lump showed up in my neck. It was triple negative. Go figure I can't have just one. I finished all my chemo and radiation Dec 2012. The cancer was spreading in 2013 but every time we did a biopsy the tissue samples came back dead. We couldn't start a new treatment until we knew for sure which cancer type was spreading.

We finally did another biopsy in Oct/Nov on a lymph gland in the paricarinal(spelling) area. It is triple negative. But....apparently it is testosterone driven? Not HER- or anything like that.

Has anyone heard of this? I keep searching for testosterone driven breast cancer but it keeps kicking me to prostate cancers. Any ideas?

rachael67 responded:
I am sorry that you are dealing with this, and also sorry that I have no experience to offer re: further information. Hopefully one of the members here will chime in later.

In the meantime, continue with your research on other sites, etc. And, most importantly of all, please ask lots of questions of your medical team as well!! Remember YOU are paying THEM...They work for you!! You need good information in order to make decisions and to help relieve the tension that comes with lack of knowledge!

You are in my thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

sherimeyer replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you Rachel. I honestly think I have the best medical team around. They are so informed on anything new, clinical trials, etc. And they don't just label you as breast cancer like other doctors. They dig until they find out what type and even further. This Triple Negative BC is androgen driven. in my case it's apparently testosterone, like prostate cancer. After doing more research it's making much more sense. A lot of female relatives have CPOC, PCOC, or whatever it's called (too many letters to remember which way they go). It's hormone driven andtestosterone driven. Seems we all share the same thing. We're digging into it more. I go today for all day testing and hopefully will start clinical trial on Monday. Thank you for your reply. It's always nice to talk to someone.

rachael67 replied to sherimeyer's response:
Glad to hear you have confidence in your team...Makes a difference to be sure.

Good luck with the testing and the trial. You might wish to share the info about what trial this is and, etc. for those on here who might profit from the knowledge. Thanks.

Keep us updated.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center