Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lump,test
Anon_183595 posted:
Hi, I'm 33 yrs old. A few years ago I found a lump and bruising on my right breast. My Family doctor ordered a mammogram/us. The tech did the mammogram then took me for my u/s, after she was done she went to show the radiologist. She was gone for what seemed 20 mins. She came back with the radiologist and my heart fell to the ground. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't look up anything on mammograms. He asked if I injured myself some how, I said no, he did my u/s and said there is a very large hard lump. He told me I could do surgery to remove it or do a needle biopsy. I got the needle biopsy. He took it out and it was apparently blood. So 6 month follow up was ok. 6 months later was my yearly, I thought everything was normal, family doc did a exam in his office before my mammogram and said I should be fine. So a few days latter I got a letter in the mail saying they found something on my left side, and I needed to come in, as I was reading the letter they called me (strange timing). I went in the next day. They took the pics and said they would show them to the radiologist. Then I went home. Few more days later I got a letter saying I was fine and they didn't see anything that alarmed them but come back in 6 more months.. So here I am today. My doctor had ordered my mammogram with diagnostics. The hospital where I went called to scheduled it,said she didn't think I needed that and was going to call the doc to have a new order for just a mammogram. So a different person did my test this time. She did the right side then the left. As she was doing the left,she asked "now have you been diagnosed with breast cancer on the left side?". That was on the 25th.....should I be worried? Did she see something? Does she know something I don't? After she asked that I got numb, I wanted to ask her why she asked such a thing,but words would not come out of my mouth. My mom had BC in her 30's so that besides the lump they first found is why I'm getting early screening... Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

cindy12345678 responded:
Has your gyne gotten the results and gone over them with you? The person at the hospital who schedules does not know what you need nor do they order it the doctor does. I would request what your doc ordered.
Let us know what you find out. I hope all is well.
cindy

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center