Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right breast tender to touch with hard thick area???
mistylynn09 posted:
Hello, I am 31yrs old and have recently found an area on my right breast that is really thick. I noticed this about 3 months ago and it wasn't really bothersome until about a month ago when it became tender 'to the touch. I do my regular exams as I had 4 lumps removed 5yrs ago this April but they were non-cancerous. Thank Goodness! Along with the "hard mass" as I call it, there is a small spot that kind of feels like a lemon seed going into my armpit.
I'm going to my gyno Monday and plan on asking her about it but I don't think I will be taken seriously on the matter due to my age. I am nervous as any woman is and just wondering if this seems normal due to my age?? Any suggestions?

jenna291 responded:
HI mistylynn,
I am glad you are going to your doc on Monday. If you feel you are not taken seriously, get another doctor!!! Any lump or mass should be checked and taken seriously.

Please let us know how you do ~

Jenna

cindy12345678 responded:
I agree with Jenna, make sure they check it out.

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center