Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dimpling under arms
woodt4 posted:
Hi. I'm new to this, so I'm not sure who to ask or what to do. I am almost 44 and have a strong history of family with breast cancer. My mom had breast cancer in her 50's and my mom's mom died of breast cancer in her mid 50's. Anyway, I had a prophylactic mastectomy and reconstruction about 10 years ago. ( had polycystic lumps) I had acute pain in my right elbow 2 days ago. I googled elbow pain.... The symptom checker asked if I had swollen nodules in armpit. When I looked a three non moving swollen nodes. I went back to the system checker and it asked if in both armpits, when I checked I had 2 non moving swollen nodes on the other armpit. I went to family doctor yesterday and she drew some lab and I am to have mammogram/ultrasound on Monday. When I checked nodules today they seem to be smaller, but I noticed that the skin under my arm was different looking.i think it may be dimpling, looks like the skin on an orange ON BOTH armpits, I terrified! I have 3 sons and a wonderful husband, but I don't want to worry them if I don't have to. If anyone can help, I'd like to know what I'm looking at and just want someone to help me understand what could be happening! Thank you in advance!

jenna291 responded:
I haven't experienced this, but I am glad you are having a mammo and ultrasound, which will give you a handle on this.
I wish you all the best and please let us know your results ~
Jenna

stellagonzalez responded:
Dear may be it's because of menstrual you are getting pain. Not because of breast cancer.

woodt4 replied to stellagonzalez's response:
Historectomy in 2006. Larger nodes under right arm are mostly gone. Still have one small tender one. Still have 3 under left arm. What could cause that?

atti_editor replied to woodt4's response:
Hi woodt4,

Here is some information on possible causes of swollen lymph nodes you may find helpful. Were you able to have your mammogram done? It is rare that axillary swelling is caused by breast cancer, but is a good idea to rule that out. Please keep us updated on how you are doing

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center